the battle

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

while my cycle tops next week, and it could extend , i have nothing to indicate top here. or that a top occurred. merriman has a turn tomorrow or monday, so i am looking for upside acceleration to complete this cycle going into its cycle high dharma

Edited by dharma, 10 June 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

eric sprott
http://www.thestreet...ort-supply.html
dharma

#23 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:50 AM

eric sprott
http://www.thestreet...ort-supply.html
dharma

Hi Dharma,

FWIW...Jackie Chan's charts are showing some interesting buy's on $hui, $xau, and gdx...I like his charts because they are simple and sometimes simplicity is all one needs. This is the first buy for $hui and $xau since February too..which I always like to note when something has changed after a longer trend. Also I recall Chan in December made a comment in his gold report that the weekly $hui was then developing and cup and handle.

Imo, the new token hi this time felt controlled..I was watching the action and comparing it to the gld....it just feels like something explosive is coming and perhaps it can come next week. Regarding Merriman's turn dates...it's a hard call sometimes to understand because this one was June 11-14 plus minus 3 days but yet we did come back up to a new hi...so technically one can say it reversed..however at the same time, it didn't feel like a true reversal at the top either...so I think we still might see an explosiveness up to the 17th which just so happens to be a really volatile period in the cosmos as you know...

Just thought I'd let you know about Chan's charts change for the first time since Feb...

http://stockcharts.c...t...04&cmd=show[s47184904]&disp=O

scroll down and you will see the $hui and $xau...then go to the next page for the gdx which all just got his buy signals..grant it, nothing is 100% and lately some signals have been flipped around too quickly or a fail buy signal...normally though they are reliable signals.....but the fact of the matter is it's his first buy signal on the 2 indexes that had the toughest times of breaking out of its funk are worth noted...plus all this looks like profit taking anyways

Also, I use point and figure too and subscribe to Dorsey's site for that...last week the gld turned from a positive to a negative weekly momentum ...yet the relative strength turned to demand...so there are some mix signals there too and after that relative strength changed to demand..it hit its hi..if the $xau hits 178 that will be a launch on point and figure..and for $hui we would need 472..I think that would give you what you want.. :)

Good trading

TM
The next turn date for Merriman is July 30- Aug 1..plus minus 3 days

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

the trend is your friend keeping it simple, will be the most rewarding looking for lift off any time now gold was down yesterday miners remained firm c&h under construction holding and waiting dharma

#25 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:07 PM

the trend is your friend
keeping it simple, will be the most rewarding
looking for lift off any time now
gold was down yesterday
miners remained firm
c&h under construction
holding and waiting
dharma

Looking toppy and heavy to me, but WTFDIK.

Senor

#26 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

the trend is your friend
keeping it simple, will be the most rewarding
looking for lift off any time now
gold was down yesterday
miners remained firm
c&h under construction
holding and waiting
dharma

Looking toppy and heavy to me, but WTFDIK.

Senor

Either collapses below 1190 or explodes above 1255.
Decision time next week.

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

john embry on the reasons for owning gold
http://www.sprott.co...to_own_gold.pdf

eric sprott part 2
http://www.thestreet...rth-owning.html
dharma

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

i sold a little this am on the pop. my mo for this bull is to buy and hold i trade a small % of my portfolio if i have to sit, then sit i will in the time i got involved in this bull, there have been many corrections, and all have led to higher highs its the nature of the beast dharma

#29 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

i sold a little this am on the pop.
my mo for this bull is to buy and hold
i trade a small % of my portfolio
if i have to sit, then sit i will
in the time i got involved in this bull, there have been many corrections,
and all have led to higher highs its the nature of the beast
dharma

For more trading types how low do you think a correction might go? basis HUI and Gold?

Gracias

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 14 June 2010 - 12:29 PM.

#30 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:13 PM

i sold a little this am on the pop.
my mo for this bull is to buy and hold
i trade a small % of my portfolio
if i have to sit, then sit i will
in the time i got involved in this bull, there have been many corrections,
and all have led to higher highs its the nature of the beast
dharma

For more trading types how low do you think a correction might go? basis HUI and Gold?

Gracias

Senor

250 HUI MINIMUM. Larger than most expect wave dos correction.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.