• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:51 AM

If these berries are miracle fruit, why is the life expectancy in the Amazon so low?
This video is dated 2008.
Several people I know tried to sell this $40 a bottle stuff a few years ago.
They don't try it anymore.
Perhaps one reason is found in the comment below the video:

"They are NOT FREE! I got charged 100 dollars on my credit card and They DID NOT WORK!
I was already on a eat well and exercise program that helped me loose 40lbs. So I figured with Acai I would just loose the extra pounds that much faster.
But it did the exact opposite, during the 1 month I took Acai I ramped up my exercise and did everything possible to lose weight. But NOTHING in the month I took Acai my weight didn't go down a SINGLE POUND! I am actually gained 5 pounds in this last month."

Sam's Club sells similar products for much less.
http://www.samsclub....;_requestid=480

I think the current fad has moved on to pomegranate.
It's funny how you can sell a bottle of juice for $40 IF the bottle looks like an expensive bottle of wine.

Gordon Crovitz: The Federal Trade Commission's Pomegranate Power Grab‎ - 5 hours ago
The FTC goes to war against those who promote the health benefits of the pomegranate. By L. GORDON CROVITZ These days, pomegranates are far down the pecking ...
http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

These days, pomegranates are far down the pecking order of fruits, though some think it was a pomegranate, not an apple, which Eve offered to Adam. Fewer than 4% of Americans had tried the fruit before 2002, when marketing mavens Lynda and Stewart Resnick launched the 100% fruit juice they call POM Wonderful. It's since become a top seller, in its curvy hourglass-shaped bottle.

Consumers who want to learn more about the research on the site get this pop-up warning: "You are now leaving the POM Wonderful website. The completed research and studies contained on the following website are provided as a service to the public. They are not intended to make express or implied health or disease claims, as POM Wonderful products are foods, not drugs. They also do not constitute labeling or advertising for any POM Wonderful product. Instead, they are intended solely for general educational and informational purposes."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 October 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#3 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

"If these berries are miracle fruit, why is the life expectancy in the Amazon so low?" Poisonous snakes? Mary Anne

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

"If these berries are miracle fruit, why is the life expectancy in the Amazon so low?"
Poisonous snakes?
Mary Anne

Not poison. Just big.
Real big.
Maybe the snakes eat Acai berries!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Do you know what the Amazon natives call the Anaconda snake?
Dinner.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 October 2010 - 10:05 PM.