may bounce

http://finance.yahoo...ource=undefined
vitaminm

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Are you using a plain percentage decline for these ETFs to determine that they are oversold or something else? :juggle:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Dio, Etfs/rsi2<10............ rsi14<30.........may get oversold and bounce when rsi2>rsi3 overbought rsi2>90......rsi14>70 You may scroll my other overbought/oversold posts and see the live results.
vitaminm

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Thanks. Good to know. My bellwether, TNA, is down two standard deviations of an average decline. Usually, that is too far too fast... Probably a bounce. Probably tomorrow. :)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

TNA..........S@70.....62

http://stockcharts.c...id=p50809167177
vitaminm

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thanks. Good to know.

My bellwether, TNA, is down two standard deviations of an average decline. Usually, that is too far too fast...

Probably a bounce. Probably tomorrow.

:)

TNA..........S@70.....62

Forgot to mention that the last time TNA did a two standard deviation drop was November 16. That was the bottom for that pullback. Even now TNA is still up 33 percent from the close of that day.

I can see the 70 support (Jan lows so far?) and 62 support (Nov highs?) on the charts. I'm guessing 70 right now for a bounce and maybe 62 later to work out a complex bottom on the NYMO/NYSI to setup a more sustainable rally into the spring/summer.

Thanks for the chart.

#7 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

RUT, GLD, and SLV all closed below the lower 2 std dev BB today. SPX cashed closed above last Friday, and promptly dropped down to the mean today. Nice system that reversion to the mean is. On GLD, the weekly chart could give a kiss of life on the 5 and 10 period EMAs this week.

#8 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Thanks. Good to know.

My bellwether, TNA, is down two standard deviations of an average decline. Usually, that is too far too fast...

TNA..........S@70.....62

Forgot to mention that the last time TNA did a two standard deviation drop was November 16. That was the bottom for that pullback. Even now TNA is still up 33 percent from the close of that day.

I can see the 70 support (Jan lows so far?) and 62 support (Nov highs?) on the charts. I'm guessing 70 right now for a bounce and maybe 62 later to work out a complex bottom on the NYMO/NYSI to setup a more sustainable rally into the spring/summer.

Thanks for the chart.

Got the beginning of the bounce today. Came a day late but here it is. Question is -- is it also the end of the bounce?

Betting there's more downside to come (suspect a real bottom is still three-four weeks away) but holding some stocks and a TNA position on this NYMO upswing with now a break even stop at today's open. This correction will probably look more like the Aug-Sept lows than the November dip when it's done but who knows?

Would like at least one more day to the upside (like the market actually cares what I'd like :D )

#9 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

oversold Etfs

http://finance.yahoo...ource=undefined
vitaminm

#10 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

Thanks. Good to know.

TNA..........S@70.....62

Thanks for the chart.

Got the beginning of the bounce today. Came a day late but here it is. Question is -- is it also the end of the bounce?

Betting there's more downside to come (suspect a real bottom is still three-four weeks away) but holding some stocks and a TNA position on this NYMO upswing with now a break even stop at today's open. This correction will probably look more like the Aug-Sept lows than the November dip when it's done but who knows?

Would like at least one more day to the upside (like the market actually cares what I'd like :D )

vitamiminm,

Taking profits on this bounce ahead of the Fed. TNA up 7 percent.

Nice alerts for the general oversolds. Still holding the metal stocks and some others. Thank you very much.