• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#171 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

dharma

Thanks for the update. :) I can't help but think there is real trouble brewing soon as in the US Dollar with Gold and silver remaining rather nonchalant. I am thinking about what Senor BS posted above.

Been doing some raising cash myself this week. Still own a few exploration/junior miners, along with my core investments, which I will keep until the parabolic. 50% cash now and that is about where I will leave it. Yes, miners are a tough tough game so my hope is :rolleyes: the one's I own will be taken out by the Majors or simply sell for $50 - $100 or higher during the parabolic as happened during the last gold bull.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#172 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

today is the last trading day into the full moon and solstice. which means today could be the high or it is coming @the cycle end @the 24th of march. as i had said i had never seen this cycle shorten by that extant. more than a week. it is and has been consistent. i am in sell mode and have been for the last 3 days. not in any hurry. but i am 15% in cash and i am going to bring it up to30% cash. rejiggering the currencies by the g7 is a neat trick, and in the meantime they are doing the same thing w/fiats pp. the masses have been rejiggered to food stamps, the electronic bread lines of 2k and unemployment benefits for 99 weeks. in the end , the only protection is gold/silver. all stuff will go up , but in the end gold=money. its been that way for 5k years . except for the period of 1971-present. when fiat has prevailed i think a good correction is right around the corner. i am not always right, so we shall see. w/jupiter 180 from saturn on the 28th however i do see a period of contraction. how that plays out , remains to be seen i suspect volatility is going to increase when we come out of the correction. so , i am going to cut the #of issues i hold in 1/2 . which means more money in fewer issues. it will be too much for me to be on top of 40 stocks. it appears to me , the system is becoming more volatile more unstable. @some point in the parabolic , volatility goes off the charts. i want to be able to maintain my equilibrium , so having fewer issues will be key to helping w/that. i want to trade less also. dharma jg it is always a pleasure to see your posts.

#173 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

quite a number of issues i look at looks like they shook the trees hard on the other hand the past 2 days of recovery are on small vol goldman jut put a target of gold 1480 which is where i thought we would make it to on this rise i think we see some more up into months end

#174 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

I guess we know what the Fundsters & Banksters were doing into that 1380 panic ;)

Fundsters liquidating >17K contracts and shorted >3K.
Banksters covered >15K contracts and went long 16K.

IMO...these funds are a joke, bunch of momentum players chasing each other by the tails.
I respect that they have the ability to move the market, but I believe they create good opportunity for folks who can see past the next hour.

GOLD - COMMODITY EXCHANGE INC. Code-088691
OPTION AND FUTURES COMBINED POSITIONS AS OF 03/15/11 |
--------------------------------------------------------------| NONREPORTABLE
NON-COMMERCIAL | COMMERCIAL | TOTAL | POSITIONS
--------------------------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------
Long | Short |Spreads | Long | Short | Long | Short | Long | Short
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CONTRACTS OF 100 TROY OUNCES) OPEN INTEREST: 735,415
COMMITMENTS
251,258 45,643 168,449 238,750 492,485 658,457 706,577 76,958 28,838

CHANGES FROM 03/08/11 (CHANGE IN OPEN INTEREST: -5,562)
-17,342 3,116 6,349 16,082 -15,634 5,089 -6,169 -10,651 608

PERCENT OF OPEN INTEREST FOR EACH CATEGORY OF TRADER
34.2 6.2 22.9 32.5 67.0 89.5 96.1 10.5 3.9

NUMBER OF TRADERS IN EACH CATEGORY (TOTAL TRADERS: 402)
249 80 155 54 56 350 248

#175 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm still fully long from and don't intend to sell anything unless gold breaks last week's lows. Dollar is falling apart...those of you who read my posts may be aware that some months ago I predicted a mini currency crisis at about this time and we will see if it plays out. If the dollar falls much lower it will be making national headlines soon enough. I do believe the next correction in gold, when it comes, will be a big one - like 15-25%. But, such corrections start following parabolic tops and not the type of action we've been seeing. So, until that parabolic top comes, I'm skeptical of the idea of a huge correction.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#176 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

the market seems to have given its verdict. the harmonic is the 24th, who knows it could extend, i will continue to ride what i have. 85% long and holding. it seems that the market wants new forever highs. i want to scale back my position for what happens after this high. just not today. as aysomji states above, the dollar is in new low ground. holding dharma

#177 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

nothing new today. i will be 70% long by the 24th -28th. i am going to have a new strategy for the next leg. fewer issues. phase 3 will be more volatile. i think food is going to be very strong. when sea water gets into the soil it limits crop production. starves the plants of obtaining water. due to the tsunami in japan, on top of everything else that occurred , they will be major importers of food. i suspect food along w/oil will be an issue. 1460is a target for my work. if it breaks above that, i will post some more #s. dharma

#178 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:59 AM

lightly selling here.
board is dead , most already sold is my guess. volatility is going to be increasing on the next leg, folks will be getting snaked out of positions right and left.

anyway john hathaway wrote this article in 99. it was a game changer for alot of folks.
http://www.usagold.c...waypyramid.html
if you have some time its well worth the read.
dharma