181 replies to this topic

#31 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

here is the gold seasonal chart that i follow
http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
yes, for years i traded by myself and talked w/a couple of other professionals. so, it is very interesting to see everyones ideas and opinions on the market.
my cycle topped the day of the high. i did some light buying on the close. i am 25% in cash. if this was the top, then i dont think a normal gold correction 15%-25% takes place, but what do i know. i know the uranium stocks got killed. i had a few juniors which i took the money, said thank you and got out of weeks ago. it became too much for me to deal w/. better to be lucky!
;) :D :D
it is entirely possible that the cycle extends as may is a logical seasonal topping place for gold. sure silver is in a parabolic, which is an unstable structure.
as for the dollar, no doubt it will crash @some point. and w/the debt ceiling needed to be raised , it could take it on the chin as alysomji suggests very soon. 4 cannot overlap w/1 on the dollar. we do have daily divergences @this point. and yet the dollar has little strength as an understatement.

the structure on gold, is quite interesting. it is subject to many interpretations. it sure does not look like a typical gold top to me. in fact it looks like it could be a big base over these last months.
@some point 1307 should be tested. i am laying low this week.
dharma
senor that strathmore is a powder keg. as are all the uraniums. not for me thank you

#32 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

some juniors i like are down 5% today. thank you i will buy those dharma

#33 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

this is mind boggling alysomji -http://blogs.forbes.com/robertlenzner/2011/03/26/chinas-central-bank-recommends-gold-for-value-preservation/ China’s Central Bank Recommends Gold For “Value Preservation” dharma

#34 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Chindia's got it right and this is why they are doing what they can to hoard gold - effectively putting an artificial floor underneath prices for quite some time to come. It's anyone's guess where that floor is but it's somewhere above $1K and probably above $1200. There's no question their central banks and citizens want and need more gold. My guess is, given how well many miners have held up today (there is clear buying on weakness in many names), that this is just a classic OPEX selloff orchestrated by the powers that be. I'm expecting the move to accelerate soon, otherwise it could be a warning sign that it's still too early for $45+ silver and $1500+ and maybe $1600+ gold. ~$1379 is an important level for me right here should price unexpectedly fall from here - as I would not want to see it go below that, since dharma's $1309 would then most likely be tested. Sentiment is good and seasonals are good and the dollar is weak with no signs of real fear, so I continue to expect higher prices.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#35 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

March 29, 2011 A lot of bull? Commentary from Mark Hulbert: Bullish optimism at worrisome levels in gold market
Peace
johngeorge

#36 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

i am in the correction camp as well as hulbert. there are a few things i wonder about. he is using the past as a guide. today there are more favorable circumstances for gold than there was in the past. so more bullishness is warranted. my point being that as the gold bull progress' the background will be more and more bullish for goldl so more bullishness is warranted. anyway, many issues i follow are oversold support is 1409, 1392,1375. i am wearing my buy hat looking for selective opportunities dharma

#37 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Senor bullish gold with an el stoppo at 1414, going norte of 1500 methinks. BSing away Senor

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

almost an outside day. i continue to buy those issues that i like that get beat up. waiting to see the outcome of this meanwhile japan continues to melt down. Chernobyl 2. dharma

#39 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

you sure do turn on a dime <;

Senor bullish gold with an el stoppo at 1414, going norte of 1500 methinks.

BSing away

Senor

#40 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

I liked the way PM's were acting this am so I bought SLW, UXG, and NGD. Looking for higher prices in gold and silver. Will see. Good trading to all. :)
Peace
johngeorge