Photo

"Fukushima Forecast: Massive radiation cloud nearing California on April 11 (VIDEO)."...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews.com, "Fukushima Forecast: Massive radiation cloud nearing California on April 11 (VIDEO) April 7th, 2011 at 11:31 PM ." The report further explains:

Fukushima Potential Releases, Xe-133 Total Column for April 6-April 11, 2011, Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), April 7, 2011:

* Note the radiation cloud is the same blue color near California as it is just off the coast of Japan, indicating similar concentrations. In some cases (I-131 and Cs-137), the clouds appear even stronger near the US.

View the videos depicting the radiation clouds here

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

Bring it on! Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

Radioactive cloud vs. ETS 99% buy I am getting popcorn and watching this fight live on pay tv! Btw, even though I jest, I'm pretty sure this is accurate. The japanese have been lying to us all this time. They've been releasing massive amounts of radiation this entire time. It's quite possible the reactor is still critical and generating heat as they're concerned enough to pump nitrogen into the vessels to prevent another hydrogen explosion. If the core temperature was cooled (which by this time it should be relatively cooled with only decay heat) then there would be no zirconium/steam reaction to produce hydrogen. The fact it is still producing hydrogen says the core is still 1500C+ which means there's still nuclear reaction going on in there... How that's possible.. I don't think anyone has an idea.. such thing has never been studied in a lab (because of the extreme danger it poses) and I doubt anyone's done any theoretical study about it.. It may be that one or more of the reactor vessels are breached, exposing tons of radioactive elements to the general atmosphere.. it's the only way so much radiation is leaking out. If the containment system was working, this wouldn't be going on.

Edited by dcengr, 07 April 2011 - 11:23 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from enenews, "Cesium-134 and 137 found in ORGANIC milk near San Francisco — First time in US milk supply since Fukushima April 8th, 2011 at 12:09 AM." The report supplies further details:

UCB Milk Sampling Results, University of California, Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering, April 7, 2011:

The following are results for milk samples obtained from a Bay Area organic dairy where the farmers are encouraged to feed their cows local grass.

Best by date of April 16, 2011:

Cs-134 @ .10 Bq/L
Cs-137 @ .22 Bq/L
I-131 @ .22 Bq/L

Read the report here.

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hopefully this continues to remain as flat-lined as it has been...

http://www.gregslab.com/tools/radwatch

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hopefully this continues to remain as flat-lined as it has been...

http://www.gregslab.com/tools/radwatch

Well you need to understand that certain radiation is more toxic than others. It is true the total amount of rad in the fallout is small, but the concentration of radioactive iodine is not. As I said before, this sucker has a very large half life and it can accumulate in your thyroids which means it just builds up over your life. And the more you have it in a small area, the chance of you getting thyroid cancer is high.

This is why they give out iodine tablets because this specific risk is dangerous. The detectors you site is a general rad meter which just measures level of radioactivity. What you want is a radioactive iodine detector.

Also plutonium is really nasty stuff.. I forgot the stat but its like 1 ppm is enough to kill someone (that is like 1 part per million)... I can't recall the actual figure, sorry but it is something pretty darn small. It's a poison more than it is radioactive.

Here's something from wikipedia...

A commonly cited quote by Ralph Nader, states that a pound of plutonium dust spread into the atmosphere would be enough to kill 8 billion people. However, the math shows that only up to 2 million people can be killed by inhaling plutonium. This makes the toxicity of plutonium roughly equivalent with that of nerve gas. [94]

Edited by dcengr, 07 April 2011 - 11:55 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:49 PM

The futures are looking positive so looks like another good day coming for bulls. I never liked California anyway, lived there for a year and hated it B)
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

Hi everyone, according to a report from www3.nhk.or.jp, "Thursday's quake damages Onagawa nuclear plant." The report staates:

Tohoku Electric Power Company says Thursday night's strong earthquake caused water to overflow from spent fuel storage pools at one of its nuclear power plants.

The power company reported on Friday that water had spilled onto the floor at all 3 reactors at the Onagawa nuclear power plant in Miyagi Prefecture. The amount of water spilled was 3.8 liters at the most.

The utility firm also found water leaks at 5 locations in the plant, including inside buildings housing the reactors.

The company added that blowout panels--devices designed to control pressure inside the buildings--were damaged at the turbine building of the Number 3 reactor.

The newly reported problems add to the downing of 3 of 4 external power lines at the Onagawa plant. The plant is maintaining its cooling capabilities with the remaining power line.

Tohoku Electric Power Company is continuing its efforts to determine the extent of the damage caused by the latest quake. But it says no change has yet been seen in radiation levels around the plant.

Friday, April 08, 2011 11:59 +0900 (JST)

Bob-C

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:19 AM

So, another power plant than Fukushima damaged? This never ends...

I never liked California anyway, lived there for a year and hated it

Pdx, don't come to California or I'll kick your butt! :lol:

Edited by arbman, 08 April 2011 - 12:25 AM.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

Pdx, don't come to California or I'll kick your butt! :lol:

:lol:

Thanks for that link in your previous post. That link provide another link to EPA web site with the
following news:

April 4th Statement

As a result of the incident with the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan, several EPA air monitors have detected very low levels of radioactive material in the United States consistent with estimated releases from the damaged nuclear reactors. EPA has stepped up monitoring of precipitation, milk, and drinking water in response to the Fukushima events. These detections in air, precipitation, and milk were expected, and the levels detected have been far below levels of public-health concern.

Today, EPA released its latest RadNet results, which include the first results for drinking water. Drinking water samples from two locations, Boise, Idaho and Richland, Washington, showed trace amounts of Iodine-131 – about 0.2 picocuries per liter in each case. Even an infant would have to drink almost 7,000 liters of this water to receive a radiation dose equivalent to a day's worth of the natural background radiation exposure we experience continuously from natural sources of radioactivity in our environment.

Earlier precipitation samples collected by EPA have shown trace amounts of radioactivity, so EPA has expected to find results such as these in some drinking water samples. Similar findings are to be expected in the coming weeks.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule