cycle top in view

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

i thought about titling this the point of recognition, but honestly, i dont think we are there yet. that is down the road. speculators and the hedge funds have substantially increased their long play, and the banksters obliged them by taking the other side. get ready for some volatility it is about to ratchet up several notches. its a time to decide what is core and what is trade able while 1750, should we get there, is quite something compared to the 252 lows, we are not in the end game here. folks are talking about debt, trying to raise the debt ceiling and using band aids, cuts a couple of billion on a 14 trillion dollar debt the real show will begin when it is clear that sovereigns cannot pay. then the point of recognition will be upon us. this is just a prelude. notice on the 22 month cycle highs , it ends w/a run. i suspect this one will display more volatility and more run. miners are poised for higher prices. and silver is very volatile by nature so anything is possible here. but i would not bet on new highs for silver here. decide what is core and hold it. it is possible , but i doubt it, that we go into a larger run here. so better to have your plan in place when things are quiet . in the fray , it is too late your views will be jaded. this debt ceiling crises better end by aug2, mercury goes retrograde on august 2, if you have been paying attention to mercury retrograde periods, then you know reaching agreements during mercury retrograde preiods is difficult @best. i dont expect this move to be reflective of the straight up move gold has exhibited these last 10 days. get ready for some volatility. have your plan. and buckle up , arms and legs in the vehicle. we are leaving kansas dharma now this is not trading advice . do your own due diligence . do your homework jag appears to have made an inverse h&s pattern

#2 apprentice

apprentice

• Traders-Talk User
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

I'm very new to this as my username implies, but would it be at all possible for nations to declare a time of Jubilee and a forgiveness of debts?

RPPVW/SHP

"It is not your duty to complete the work,
but neither may you desist from it."

--Talmud

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

who owns the debt? Who owns the governments? and why would we have a jubilee?

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

the battle for 1600 begins. and i expect it to be volatile and tough sledding. silver has recaptured 40. broads getting beaten and miners seem fairly unfazed. i dont think this is going to be a one way tkt to the sky. its going to be about volatility. as the public wakes up, i expect them to find their way onto chats and my fear is the board gets diluted w/nonsense. historically banksters have never ever been magnanimous. dharma

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

dharma Volatility is the key word alright! I am riding a kicking bull for sure. Would like to see gold close above $1600 and silver above $40 spot which I think will give us a shot at gold $1650 or so and silver $42-43. Will see. Thanks, as always, for your timely and informative posts. Best to you. :)
Peace
johngeorge

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

dharma

Volatility is the key word alright! I am riding a kicking bull for sure. Would like to see gold close above $1600 and silver above $40 spot which I think will give us a shot at gold $1650 or so and silver $42-43. Will see.

Thanks, as always, for your timely and informative posts.

Best to you. :)

the volatility has not started yet, it is one way street thus far. 1603 is my # , just back tested. there are so many fundamental positives out there. the potential here is great. no telling where this all shakes out
as always , you are a gentleman jg -thanks for your kind words. looking for the miners to bust to new highs.
this all happening w/the broads behind the woodshed.
dharma

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'm very new to this as my username implies, but would it be at all possible for nations to declare a time of Jubilee and a forgiveness of debts?

Wall Street already got one.
GM unions too.
They got the goldmine, bondholders got the shaft.

#8 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Selling 10% of my miners today. Setting some to the side to maybe buy back lower on the dip I think we are gonna get over the next few weeks. If I am wrong so be it, maybe I need to move some back to natgas anyway. The greater the bull gets over the next few days I may sell another 10-30%. Lately I have not had as much to the side when the dips come to benefit as much as I would have liked.

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

in bull markets , one buys weakness and sells strength. that is the drill. no questions asked. if its weak you set a buy program and buy each level on the way down. dont know how many of you clutched your depreciating dollars and waited for some lower #to materialize. dollars will have rallies, but all within the context of a bear market.
here we are after 10 days of higher closes on the gold market , a pause into the round # and resistance, how surprising. gann had a 7-10 day rule, which i have followed its effectiveness for years. essentially what it says is after 7-10 days of advance , reverse and go short , for a short sharp correction. as you can see, this market remains firm and well bid @this point. i dont think we will experience a correction of more than a few days in july. although it will not upset the apple cart if it should occur. the sector seems to be building momo here. pauses refresh
take a look @a montly gdx chart , possible inverse h&s pattern?! miners could go ballistic!? they have lagged , is it time to play ketchup?!
there are no rules when to take profits. take em when you feel to. its a matter of personal preference and comfort

last night the edge and bono were on letterman. i am a fan of u2 they did stuck in the moment w/just an acoustic guitar. quite beautiful enjoy
http://survivor.cbs....ate_show/video/
dharma

#10 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Selling 10% of my miners today. Setting some to the side to maybe buy back lower on the dip I think we are gonna get over the next few weeks. If I am wrong so be it, maybe I need to move some back to natgas anyway. The greater the bull gets over the next few days I may sell another 10-30%. Lately I have not had as much to the side when the dips come to benefit as much as I would have liked.

Psycho:

I agree with dharma - do what you must do to be comfortable and nothing wrong with taking profits. My personal style is to always have funds available if/when there is a "smackdown" - usually held in the Swiss Franc or the Japanese Yen vs. US Dollar. Options expiration for Gold and Silver is July 26th (I believe) which in the past has led to some weakness - I will be looking to add to select positions early next week.

Very hard to "trade" the BULL - IMHO sell the losers and hold the winners is the way to go!

Goodluck

stubaby :juggle: