The "Great Society" Fails our children, families

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

No don't spend money on education! Send the kids down the mines or to pick cotton. Since when did education ever improve the lot of people. Better still make them do military conscription and teach them how to kill. Its so easy.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

3 WOUNDED IN 49ERS-RAIDERS GAME VIOLENCE...

NFL BEATDOWN...

VIDEO...

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

No don't spend money on education!
Send the kids down the mines or to pick cotton.
Since when did education ever improve the lot of people.
Better still make them do military conscription and teach them how to kill.
Its so easy.

These kids don't pick cotton or dig for coal.
And at a very young age they learn how to kill in their own fatherless government projects.
Unlimited education spending proves your "more money" solution totally misses the real problem, but it's easy and makes one feel better without bringing any real change.

http://www.traders-t...?...st&p=590098

“We have a youth problem... but first and foremost we have a parent problem” not a money problem.

Insanity: doing the same thing repeatedly, expecting different outcomes.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 August 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#14 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

CHICAGOLAND: Pregnant teen begged for life before execution...

Jones had seen Jefferson walking with a rival gang member in the 3000 block of West 64th Street and approached them in a car, Dillon said. He got out of the vehicle and fired at least one shot at the rival, who ran off, leaving Jefferson to fend for herself. After begging Jones for mercy, Jefferson was shot at "point-blank range," Dillon said.

17-year-old Charinez Jefferson begged the gunman not to shoot because she was pregnant, prosecutors said today.
Despite her plea, Timothy Jones, 18, opened fire on Jefferson anyway, yelling an expletive at her as he shot her in the head, prosecutors said. He then stood over her as she lay on the ground and fired several more times, striking her in the chest and back.
Jones, 18, who was charged with first-degree murder in the Aug. 16 slaying.
A police source said that Jones was a "stick-up man" well known to area police.
At the time of the shooting, Jones was serving 2 years of probation for a 2010 burglary conviction, Dillon said. He also has a "lengthy" juvenile record, including convictions for unlawful use of a weapon, possession of a stolen motor vehicle, and burglary, Dillon said.
Outside court, Jones' family members denied he is a gang member and said he could not be involved in Jefferson's murder because he has had trouble walking since being shot in the leg a few weeks ago.

It is unknown if Jones was a coal miner or a cotton picker. <_<
His father was unavailable for comment.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 22 August 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#15 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

Our government socially engineered us when I was a young mother, to have two income households. My father never would have let my mother work with children at home and when we were gone, he wanted to become the "child" and still wanted her home. Two parents working means they are both too tired for time with the kids thus we are now dealing with unintended consequences of children with no guidance, help with homework, or neat clothes to go to school in. I would have been quite satisfied staying at home with my son, but I had a husband (soon became X) who wanted a boat instead. I did the best I could but I could have done a better job with my son had I had more full time with him. He came out OK but it wasn't easy. Its sad. Mary Anne

#16 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

It is sad. They want a boat or a buzz.
Families, children are obstacles in the way. <_<
The government will provide.

Some fathers are still there trying, but get caught in the crossfire.

1-yr-old shot in head...

One neighborhood resident, Sharita Johnson, said her 5-year-old son was walking to kindergarten with his father this morning when the gunmen started firing nearby, sending them scrambling back to her house.
"Now he's saying he doesn't even want to go back to school. He's scared, he's afraid. He hears shots everyday, but he was never in the crossfire until today, going to school."

5-year-old son: "He hears shots everyday"

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 August 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#17 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Woman encouraged husband to impregnate 12-year-old so they could claim more benefits...

Her husband told authorities after his arrest on under age sex charges that it was his wife's goal that a pregnancy would lead to more income for the household.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 23 August 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#18 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

thousands of jubilant thugs rampaging through the streets, destroying livelihoods and property for the sheer exultant joy of it.

What real people know – and have known for quite a long time – is that the great tacit agreement which once held civic life together has been deliberately blown apart. There was a time within living memory when all reasonable grown-ups were considered to be on the same side. Parents, teachers, police, judges, politicians – decent citizens of every station and calling – formed an unspoken confederacy to uphold standards of behaviour within their own communities. But their shared values and expectations about human conduct were systematically undermined by a post-Sixties political ideology that preached wholesale disrespect for authority, and legitimised anti-social activity in the name of protest.

The capacity for self-control, and the willingness to suppress one’s innate selfishness or cruelty, is something that adults must consciously instil in children and reinforce in other adults by their attitudes to them. The indispensable tools of social stigma and moral judgment that communities used to have at their disposal for this purpose have been stripped away, and the result – the fearless defiance of helpless authority – is what we saw in its terrifying logical conclusion on the streets. That is what real people know: that they were right all along.

Riots
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#19 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Teen girl paralyzed, 10 others wounded at 'Drama Free' party...
Queens NY
About 100 people were packed into the backyard of the single-family home.
Police said six males ages 15 to 23, and five women, ages 15 to 21, were shot, with bullets hitting them in their arms, legs, hands and feet.
A 15-year-old girl, not immediately identified, was shot in the back, and police said the bullet severed her spine.

Dawkins advertised the party on Twitter and Facebook, as "Free Food, Free Drinks, Live Video, photos, Drama Free."
He said he initially charged "$3 for dudes, $1 for females, but after a while we just stopped.
"IDs were being checked and everybody was being searched through the front," he said. "So he [the shooter] probably came in, seen somebody he had issues with, went home and got his gun."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 28 August 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#20 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

CHICAGOLAND: Video captures two girls violently beating fellow female student...
"They got angry and went ghetto on her. Every day there's a fight. Today there was a fight in algebra."
VIDEO LINK

Pack of 30 girls attack 15-year-old girl for cellphone...
A 15-year-old Hoboken girl was assaulted in a Downtown Jersey City park Friday night by a group of roughly 30 girls who stole her cellphone, police reports said.

The girls' fathers were unavailable for comment.
Fathers are unnecessary.
The State is totally unable to deal with what they have created.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 13 October 2011 - 10:05 PM.