the run

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

i am in agreement w/you stubaby. and i think next week the fireworks could begin 7th germans decide on the fate of the piigs o speaks on the labor market 21st the fed gives its pronouncement to the world i bought kgc today. i looked @the monthly chart and said this deserves some investment. it is a major and has been consolidating for years gold stocks are above the 2008 lows relative to gold. but not by much. they are still undervalued. when they wake up is the question? and they will! september is 10for 10 on up months for gold since the bull began, not bad odds? long weekend. enjoy. dharma

Edited by dharma, 01 September 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

I like UXG here and recently added to my position. My price target $7.70 to $9.70. From the FWIW department the HUI is now trading above 600 and I believe it will move through the high of 609 in the coming weeks.

Good trading to all. :)

Yahoo

Nasdaq

Weekly Chart

Edited by johngeorge, 01 September 2011 - 12:32 PM.

Peace
johngeorge

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

seems like the fireworks could start as soon as tomorrow.. if jobs numbers are bad.. then that would be a hat tip to QE3. amazing how well the miners held up during August 2011... given how bad everything else did..

#4 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

hey dharma do you see the Bundestag on sept 7 not passing the bailout vote and gold shooting up 100 dollars that day ?

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

hey dharma do you see the Bundestag on sept 7 not passing the bailout vote and gold shooting up 100 dollars that day ?

i dont know what is going to happen there. it is interesting though. i have read that germany , switzerland, austria, finland,netherlands, etc may break away and form a smaller euro. who knows what they will do. and yes gold could have a big day., which is what i am thinking. if they stay together, they will have to print.

i am always scouring my lists to see what is leaping ahead and what is being left behind. the explorers are being left behind, which indicates to me speculation is not taking place yet.
i was looking for this kind of action next week, but let the party begin. in the end gold/silver are the only safety.
diamonds will also provide safety. anyone know any diamond miners?
i didnt create the situation that we are in and it will get ugly. real ugly. my job is protect what i have and not lose pp , while everyone around me is losing pp. in the end we will be back to where we were after the last great depression. hopefully, w/the same work ethic.
the sad thing for me is they are killing the saving mentality. all to keep their debt payments as low as possible.
you can trade. its your prerogative, however missing the gold rocket will leave you holding depreciating dollars. no fiat. none ! has ever survived. if you like those odds. then hold fiat. and yes gold, after this top is in, will have a big correction. but 1st 2k .
dharma

Edited by dharma, 02 September 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#6 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

i dont know what is going to happen there. it is interesting though. i have read that germany , switzerland, austria, finland,netherlands, etc may break away and form a smaller euro. who knows what they will do. and yes gold could have a big day., which is what i am thinking. if they stay together, they will have to print.

i am always scouring my lists to see what is leaping ahead and what is being left behind. the explorers are being left behind, which indicates to me speculation is not taking place yet.
i was looking for this kind of action next week, but let the party begin. in the end gold/silver are the only safety.
diamonds will also provide safety. anyone know any diamond miners?
i didnt create the situation that we are in and it will get ugly. real ugly. my job is protect what i have and not lose pp , while everyone around me is losing pp. in the end we will be back to where we were after the last great depression. hopefully, w/the same work ethic.
the sad thing for me is they are killing the saving mentality. all to keep their debt payments as low as possible.
you can trade. its your prerogative, however missing the gold rocket will leave you holding depreciating dollars. no fiat. none ! has ever survived. if you like those odds. then hold fiat. and yes gold, after this top is in, will have a big correction. but 1st 2k .
dharma

dharma

HWD and EGDFF are two diamond miners that come to mind. I have no position in them.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#7 leocleoc

leocleoc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

anyone know any diamond miners?
dharma

http://www.olivut.com/en/

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

thanks leo- i know this one. and i may just stick w/it today svm got killed. they have 3 mines all in china , which has a history of confiscation. of course there are rumors swirling around the stock. there is also a large short position in this company. if you hold miners in questionable areas of the world , dont hesitate , redeploy. you were not born w/this stock. love it , but dont be afraid to ditch it for another one. this goes for any stock. otherwise you wind up in situations like svm which if its a rumor or not . i wont touch this company. dharma other people may have other points of view, but i never double down or add to losing positions. maybe my initial thought was wrong and i dont want to compound my mistake have a peaceful weekend

#9 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Good point, dharma. I noticed that SVM has been trading at a cheap multiple for awhile now, but perhaps there's a reason for those discounts ! That is a very broken chart. OTOH, AUY looks headed to the 18's.

Edited by beta, 02 September 2011 - 05:13 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#10 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

Now looking for 2,150 for top of this cycle (notice how end-of-August correction moved right back on top of median line for re-set)
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=W&yr=7&mn=6&dy=0&i=p40799615966&a=212697674&r=5110.png

Volatility continues to increase as the "mini-parabolic" expresses itself.

stubaby :o