the run

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#21 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

dharma, at this time I am very concerned about a huge 3 to 4 month US dollar rally.

I don't know if gold and silver can survive such a rally...

my monthly charts of US dollar are saying we are on the cusp

caution advised...

opinions welcome

In Senor's opinion your dollar rally worry is well placed amigo, dollar looks muy bullish to Senor, 81 level at a minimum looks likely to Senor, FWIW and all that, Be careful amigod of a grande cinco wave intermediate term gold top, just an opinion

and dougie watch out for a cinco wave top in the miners

NO BS

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 06 September 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

top callers for gold are out. bottom callers for the dollar too. its too early for me to come to these conclusions. i am an investor in the gold sector, not a trader. and the dollar is in a bear market. i want to divest myself of dollars. sure there will be dollar rallies, all will end in lower lows. not look to hold more dollars. this will not have a happy ending for dollar holders. dont think so, well look @that mountain of debt. now what? no fiat has ever survived! none! i am watching 1813 as the death zone for this price cycle. hold that and its just another pullback in the parabolic.of course the correction could be larger. eventually i am looking for 1400-1500. we are volatile here, difficult to impossible to assess these swings. this could have been a B here. it could have also been the end of an impulse(i am reticent to put myself in a box w/a particular count). its for guys who are more skilled than i am @elliott. its not a tool i use w/conviction. (after all elliott died broke in queens. and prechter has been wrong on evrything for decades). lets watch it in here and see if anything gets revealed. the miners are of interest to me in this correction. will they do a 2008 or will they hold relatively well?! dharma

#23 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

top callers for gold are out. bottom callers for the dollar too.
its too early for me to come to these conclusions. i am an investor in the gold sector, not a trader. and the dollar is in a bear market. i want to divest myself of dollars. sure there will be dollar rallies, all will end in lower lows. not look to hold more dollars. this will not have a happy ending for dollar holders. dont think so, well look @that mountain of debt. now what? no fiat has ever survived! none!
i am watching 1813 as the death zone for this price cycle. hold that and its just another pullback in the parabolic.of course the correction could be larger. eventually i am looking for 1400-1500. we are volatile here, difficult to impossible to assess these swings. this could have been a B here. it could have also been the end of an impulse(i am reticent to put myself in a box w/a particular count). its for guys who are more skilled than i am @elliott. its not a tool i use w/conviction. (after all elliott died broke in queens. and prechter has been wrong on evrything for decades). lets watch it in here and see if anything gets revealed.
the miners are of interest to me in this correction. will they do a 2008 or will they hold relatively well?!

dharma

Of course it's early, looks like a cinco wave maybe finito intermediare term, Senor likes your 1400-1500 south of border target and thinks maybe we're headed there. Must be muy flexible here IMO. top in HUI may be muy importante too, just a trader here is what I am. Also you did have importante cycle highs her edid you not?

BSing away

Senor

#24 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

dharma, at this time I am very concerned about a huge 3 to 4 month US dollar rally.

caution advised...

opinions welcome

In Senor's opinion your dollar rally worry is well placed amigo, dollar looks muy bullish to Senor, 81 level at a minimum looks likely to Senor, FWIW and all that, Be careful amigod of a grande cinco wave intermediate term gold top, just an opinion

NO BS

Senor

Does it concern you that given all the eurozone issues that the dollar isn't at 81 level already?
Very telling that it can hardly muster up few pathetic mini rallies.

#25 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

caution advised...

opinions welcome

NO BS

Senor

Senor

Does it concern you that given all the eurozone issues that the dollar isn't at 81 level already?

No, some times importante bottoms can take a long time, but dollar needs dos daily closes above 76.25 to confirm, a decline below 74.67 is bearish, those are the parameters in Senor's opinion.

BSing away

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

looking @a daily chart of gdx, might not this be a back test of the neckline, the pattern appears to be an inverse h&s pattern 22 month cycle high august /oct dharma

#27 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

caution advised...

opinions welcome

NO BS

Senor

Senor

No, some times importante bottoms can take a long time, but dollar needs dos daily closes above 76.25 to confirm, a decline below 74.67 is bearish, those are the parameters in Senor's opinion.

BSing away

SenorBS:

The only thing that I have seen change during this 4 month consolidation period is US Dollar bearish sentiment has been eased somewhat.
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$USD&p=D&yr=2&mn=2&dy=0&i=p73328959777&a=237143895&r=9931.png

stubaby B)

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

very tempted to add ! todays lows are gone , then so will these adds be dharma

#29 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

very tempted to add ! todays lows are gone , then so will these adds be
dharma

Gap Fill AND Positive close!

http://stockcharts.c...6338&r=1900.png

stubaby :lol:

#30 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

HUI:GOLD Ratio now constructive:
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=0&i=p56029103630&a=183376204&r=557.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$GOLD&p=W&yr=9&mn=0&dy=0&i=p10211120851&a=204993829&r=142.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$GOLD&p=M&yr=14&mn=6&dy=0&i=p49753247675&a=197582787&r=740.png

stubaby :rolleyes: