a bottom!?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#21 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I really dont think so Dharma, any more. The gold bull is over. It is what gold and gold stocks are saying. It is OVER. I think it is wrong to keep getting people to buy here when the trend is so clearly downwards.

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

gold options expiration on the 24th . dharma

#23 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

regarding pnf to watch..if gold touches 1660 which it should based on this morning's action..it will be a 3 box reversal back to O..however 1600 would then become the buy signal..dropping from 1680

http://www.martinarm...005-21-2012.pdf
Armstrong seems to be lining up with Laundry's important turn period..Laundry calls for mid June low..Armstrong has a turning period for the week 6/11-6/18

Now we see if the miners hold up if gold is going to break its lows as Armstrong suggested.

TM

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

regarding pnf to watch..if gold touches 1660 which it should based on this morning's action..it will be a 3 box reversal back to O..however 1600 would then become the buy signal..dropping from 1680

Armstrong seems to be lining up with Laundry's important turn period..Laundry calls for mid June low..Armstrong has a turning period for the week 6/11-6/18

Now we see if the miners hold up if gold is going to break its lows as Armstrong suggested.

TM

marty and i are on the same page, i am looking for highs 6/14 ish, i dont think we fall apart hee, but it is a possibility. when corrections occur in a bull market, they confound and confuse. i see that happening on other boards. folks get off the bus. marty says this is the 13th year, so he is counting the lows from 99.
for me the long cycle , reliable long cycle in gold is the 21-22 month cycle. which tops in 13. its very easy , looking out @the landscape, to see an event occurring and sending gold into a tailspin. no one ever said that riding this bull was going to be easy. this is a time for caution. they will monetize, its only a matter of time.
dharma

#25 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

TM

marty and i are on the same page, i am looking for highs 6/14 ish, i dont think we fall apart hee, but it is a possibility. when corrections occur in a bull market, they confound and confuse. i see that happening on other boards. folks get off the bus. marty says this is the 13th year, so he is counting the lows from 99.
for me the long cycle , reliable long cycle in gold is the 21-22 month cycle. which tops in 13. its very easy , looking out @the landscape, to see an event occurring and sending gold into a tailspin. no one ever said that riding this bull was going to be easy. this is a time for caution. they will monetize, its only a matter of time.
dharma

dharma:

Definately "batton down the hatches" time! I am actually somewhat relieved here now that it appears we are FINALLY seeing the final capitulation phase of this move in the PM's :giveup: it's been a long grind since the December 2010 highs. :swoon:

stubaby B)

#26 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

"FINALLY seeing the final capitulation phase of this move in the PM's" not sure what makes you think that today?

#27 gti_99

gti_99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Interesting that the xau is positive while gold is down quite big, like 2.4%. Maybe just part of the bottoming process.

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

TM

dharma

dharma:

Definately "batton down the hatches" time! I am actually somewhat relieved here now that it appears we are FINALLY seeing the final capitulation phase of this move in the PM's :giveup: it's been a long grind since the December 2010 highs. :swoon:

stubaby B)

in the short term here, i expect they get folks to chase, that will require a good rally, then the conclusion of the correction over the rest of summer.
as you can see from the posts, guys who were skeptical the whole way up are now convinced we are going down. the world economy is so fragile @the moment, no scenario can be discounted. i do think the broads which, have corrected minimally are in for a rude awakening. the dow lows of 6500 are along ways off from here. be careful out there. the miners are relatively holding up well . gold almost corrected the whole up move , while the miners gave little ground. , this is what leaves me to believe the upside has more to go in price and then time.
dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#29 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

pnf buy on gdx when it touched 44..if it closes over that..chan will have a buy too most likely TM

#30 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

where is the volume though? looks painted to me. if not, 50 here we come