after consolidation, comes mark up

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

these guys are not the most astute market timers. but they know when their survival is on the line

Central bank’s purchase of gold is the biggest reason why gold didn’t break down to the $1,200 level.

Their purchases annualized at over 600 tonnes per year! That pretty incredible.
eric
Global gold demand was down 7% to 990 tonnes (year over year), but was only down 1% in value terms.

More importantly, central bank buying has reached a record level of 157.5 tonnes (for the quarter), almost twice as much as last year, and represents 16% of global demand.

Pierre
http://kingworldnews...s_Buy_Gold.html

dharma

I'm afraid the link doesn't work, Dharma
TM

http://kingworldnews...s_Buy_Gold.html

hathaway
http://kingworldnews...nal_Stages.html

dharma

#22 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

gold got a 2nd pnf buy signal..now a triple top spread which has an 80% reliability..target 1780..doesnt mean gets to its target..but odds increased higher we have a significant rally.. TM

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

yesterday the broad market went down, and commodities and gold went up. that is interesting the mining indexes all have W , which is a bottoming pattern and is bullish silver , if it can get over the neckline, has an inverse h&s pattern and gold could have an inverse h&s pattern, or it has made a base. on a larger note, it has the big pennant or triangle pattern, it broke out from the smaller triangle today the fed gives us a peak into the last meeting. its not a question of if they qe its more when,on that note its all a guess. these last months i have been posting market vanes bullish consensus and hgnsi , both have shown advisers have been recommending shorting gold/silver/ miners. they are now trapped and will be fodder. before this market takes off in earnest, i believe there will be twists and turns where most are waving from the platform as the express pulls out. dont think it can happen, i saw in 80 where over 400 -too high too fast was the mantra, and then the express took off. @ some point, folks will realize the fraud of fiats. go ahead trade. by the way this is the 4th year in a row of over 1trillion in deficits. how will that ever be paid back!!!!!!! ask marty??? he will show some historical cases which will provide the answer. it will not be pretty dharma

#24 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

yesterday the broad market went down, and commodities and gold went up. that is interesting
the mining indexes all have W , which is a bottoming pattern and is bullish
silver , if it can get over the neckline, has an inverse h&s pattern
and gold could have an inverse h&s pattern, or it has made a base. on a larger note, it has the big pennant or triangle pattern, it broke out from the smaller triangle
today the fed gives us a peak into the last meeting. its not a question of if they qe its more when,on that note its all a guess. these last months i have been posting market vanes bullish consensus and hgnsi , both have shown advisers have been recommending shorting gold/silver/ miners. they are now trapped and will be fodder. before this market takes off in earnest, i believe there will be twists and turns where most are waving from the platform as the express pulls out. dont think it can happen, i saw in 80 where over 400 -too high too fast was the mantra, and then the express took off. @ some point, folks will realize the fraud of fiats. go ahead trade.
by the way this is the 4th year in a row of over 1trillion in deficits. how will that ever be paid back!!!!!!! ask marty??? he will show some historical cases which will provide the answer. it will not be pretty
dharma

A few "Ratio Charts" for the BIG PICTURE - foundations "in place"!

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$GOLD&p=W&yr=15&mn=0&dy=0&i=p71563059095&a=261980388&r=1905.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$GOLD&p=M&yr=14&mn=6&dy=0&i=p26974676983&a=259871958&r=1387.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:$SPX&p=M&yr=14&mn=6&dy=0&i=p29026568965&a=259871960&r=7116.png

http://stockcharts.c...71962&r=458.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$SILVER&p=W&yr=11&mn=3&dy=0&i=p34254357899&a=259871955&r=2339.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD:$CRB&p=W&st=1996-01-01&en=2013-12-31&i=p53576566817&a=259871951&r=137.png

stubaby B)

#25 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

from today thru Friday I have a reversal or it can be an acceleration turn..for silver....that most likely includes gold too..they are trying to egg buyers in prior to the fed minutes or someone knows something...a lot of volume just came in on silver within the 1/2 hr..but it was met with selling into that..seems like we got trick or treat early.. B) TM

#26 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

from today thru Friday I have a reversal or it can be an acceleration turn..for silver....that most likely includes gold too..they are trying to egg buyers in prior to the fed minutes or someone knows something...a lot of volume just came in on silver within the 1/2 hr..but it was met with selling into that..seems like we got trick or treat early.. B)
TM

guess it was an acceleration..
Print, baby, print! Tomorrow is the beginning of the positive period for metals..till Oct 5th..Mars in Scorpio..woo hoo! We might get gold to close over its 200 day today!..
TM

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

thanks stubaby, i i watch some of those charts, when xau/gld gold below the 08 lows it was screaming to be bought and gold advisers were advising their peps to be short! do your own work!!! silver @ some point will make folks head spin. as i said this am it is in a bottoming formation. keep your head screwed on. there will be very imaginative #s bandied about once this gets some mojo. when it tops that will disappear quite quickly. silver s industrial usages will continue to grow. no doubt. but what will the speculators do w/their silver. through all of this miners will have their day. hated as they are. explorers will be valued for gold in the ground. and that is where it gets interesting. never ever be afraid to take profits. no matter what they are valuing your pet prize @. of course right now these words are easy to say. wait ! the nature of this game is going to change. and change dramatically. dharma

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

now i recognize gold is up 8+ as i write this hourly divergences have appeared on gld and the mining indexes, which is normal, those who sell into those divergences ,may have to chase. sometimes the divergences occur only to be taken out by more upside action. so far this move is stealth, all the advisers who have been recommending shorts are now trapped. the move largely goes unnoticed, w/negative sentiment(i have no doubt that the sentiment is improving) . the thing w/the gold community is they buy strength and then on any weakness they rush to sell. this situation w/the bottom in dec , then tested again in may gave the perfect buying opportunity , buying against the december lows. chasing is not the road to riches , its the way to become fodder dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#29 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

now i recognize gold is up 8+ as i write this
hourly divergences have appeared on gld and the mining indexes, which is normal, those who sell into those divergences ,may have to chase. sometimes the divergences occur only to be taken out by more upside action.
so far this move is stealth, all the advisers who have been recommending shorts are now trapped. the move largely goes unnoticed, w/negative sentiment(i have no doubt that the sentiment is improving) .
the thing w/the gold community is they buy strength and then on any weakness they rush to sell. this situation w/the bottom in dec , then tested again in may gave the perfect buying opportunity , buying against the december lows. chasing is not the road to riches , its the way to become fodder
dharma

First, Dharma..go to bed..LOL!
gdx has closed above its 50 ma on the monthly...
totally agree with you on this...this is not the time to swing if this is the 4 .25 low..of course, we wont know that till hindsight...over 1800 would give us that message..however do you wait? or accumulate on weakness...a major low is either in place now or will be soon..my gut says its in..because it's obvious they will do anything they need to do to keep from deflation..print, baby, print!...That said, I'm sure we will have some shakin and bakin before we really start the big rally. Miners are telling the story imo...I'm getting more alerts that relative strength is on demand with the miners..this cuts out the noise..pnf...our next cycle number is our 1681..sq 41..over that comfortably..then 1700+...one step at a time..but it's linining up on the monthlies ..welcome to Mars in Scorpio..Aug 23-Oct 5th..favorable period for pms..it's buy on dip time if you haven't already imo
TM

#30 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

now i recognize gold is up 8+ as i write this
hourly divergences have appeared on gld and the mining indexes, which is normal, those who sell into those divergences ,may have to chase. sometimes the divergences occur only to be taken out by more upside action.
so far this move is stealth, all the advisers who have been recommending shorts are now trapped. the move largely goes unnoticed, w/negative sentiment(i have no doubt that the sentiment is improving) .
the thing w/the gold community is they buy strength and then on any weakness they rush to sell. this situation w/the bottom in dec , then tested again in may gave the perfect buying opportunity , buying against the december lows. chasing is not the road to riches , its the way to become fodder
dharma

First, Dharma..go to bed..LOL!
gdx has closed above its 50 ma on the monthly...
totally agree with you on this...this is not the time to swing if this is the 4 .25 low..of course, we wont know that till hindsight...over 1800 would give us that message..however do you wait? or accumulate on weakness...a major low is either in place now or will be soon..my gut says its in..because it's obvious they will do anything they need to do to keep from deflation..print, baby, print!...That said, I'm sure we will have some shakin and bakin before we really start the big rally. Miners are telling the story imo...I'm getting more alerts that relative strength is on demand with the miners..this cuts out the noise..pnf...our next cycle number is our 1681..sq 41..over that comfortably..then 1700+...one step at a time..but it's linining up on the monthlies ..welcome to Mars in Scorpio..Aug 23-Oct 5th..favorable period for pms..it's buy on dip time if you haven't already imo
TM

on cnbc which normally I have the volume muted but the Fed Bullard is on and says we are better off than a year ago and the minutes of the FOMC are a bit stale..he doesn't think the minutes mean the Fed will react immediately as the market has interpreted..this is where the shakin and bakin going to happen...the Fed might not do anything..ECB should..but even if nothing happens and we get a sell off in metals..think about it..they still showed their hands...if the market was to drop hard...maybe due to the Fiscal CLiff issue...they will react. even though Bullard is saying no we wont react to the market..that's BS..if there is a fiscal cliff..we could see a 20%+ correction..this guys is back peddling the FOMC minutes imo.....if unemployment gets worse..which it will...they will react...I would not be surprise if we just stay between 1600-1700..between now and Sept when it all comes out...the banksters might try to get those shares on the cheap again..but no matter, they will react
TM
p.s..after that interview..futures and gold/silver ticked down..LOL!

Edited by tradermama, 23 August 2012 - 06:22 AM.