the present situation

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#11 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

some pieces of the puzzle may be falling in place. the most hated and undervalued vehicle right now is the miners. when this thing gets some mojo watch out dharma

#12 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

amigos there is muy importante dollar support at 82.25-82.30, a breach of this support IMO has a bueno chance to lead to a strong move lower in dollar and a rally to 1600 in gold, we see

BSing away

Senor

USD breaking on not breaking support, Bitcoins or no Bitcoins silliness, my expectation since the weekend was that the 1600 area will be tested before the week is out.
Just my due euro-drachma worth of opinion.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

some pieces of the puzzle may be falling in place.
the most hated and undervalued vehicle right now is the miners.
when this thing gets some mojo watch out
dharma

si si amigo, both GDX and HUI now above the grande FIBO support levels that were broken last week, close above here or higher = muy bullish IMO, and worse case is gold could be completing cinco up from last weeks bottom - the times they are a a changin

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 09 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#14 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

amigos there is muy importante dollar support at 82.25-82.30, a breach of this support IMO has a bueno chance to lead to a strong move lower in dollar and a rally to 1600 in gold, we see

BSing away

Senor

On UUP that support level is 22.35 (last 22.38).

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=uup

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=nugt Looking like a bear trap.

#15 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

BSing away

Senor

USD breaking on not breaking support, Bitcoins or no Bitcoins silliness, my expectation since the weekend was that the 1600 area will be tested before the week is out.

-tria

tria. any update on greece? i'm hearing some progress is being made on reforms but still no bank cap. Once the banking system gets up and running growth should resume in greece, imho. I'm very bullish on greece over the next 5 years.

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

video from cyprus
http://www.goldmoney...?gmrefcode=gata
dharma

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

there are three clear waves now off the lows of April. Would like to see 5

#18 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

there are three clear waves now off the lows of April.
Would like to see 5

in the mining indices this is either a 3 or a C as we have rallied norte of the April 5 peak, pick you poison amigo, gold itself looks like a possible cinco up

Senor

#19 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

BSing away

Senor

-tria

tria. any update on greece? i'm hearing some progress is being made on reforms but still no bank cap. Once the banking system gets up and running growth should resume in greece, imho. I'm very bullish on greece over the next 5 years.

Hi brave Spartan,
Some public sector reforms yes, but not big enough or effective if you ask me.
Bank recap by end of April but I have heard this story many times before.
Wild moves in Bank shares, for example Eurobank opened -30% limit down yesterday and closed limit up +30%.
Today it closed +29% again.
Bank loan delinquencies on the rise and no middle class money left to pay the high taxes.
I am bullish however for the Athens stock index since the Banking sector, having dropped to almost zero, can not have any further big negative influence. It can only positively affect it in the future.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$ATG...id=p44041155998

http://stockcharts.c...id=p00954846628

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#20 RagingSpartan

RagingSpartan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

BSing away

Senor

-tria

Hi brave Spartan,
Some public sector reforms yes, but not big enough or effective if you ask me.
Bank recap by end of April but I have heard this story many times before.
Wild moves in Bank shares, for example Eurobank opened -30% limit down yesterday and closed limit up +30%.
Today it closed +29% again.
Bank loan delinquencies on the rise and no middle class money left to pay the high taxes.
I am bullish however for the Athens stock index since the Banking sector, having dropped to almost zero, can not have any further big negative influence. It can only positively affect it in the future.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$ATG...id=p44041155998

http://stockcharts.c...id=p00954846628

-tria

Things will get better in greece. A little patience is required. I was a big buyer in greek stocks last year during the panic around the election. This is a long term (5-10 yr) position. High quality greek stocks were trading at distressed levels. The banks will eventually get recapped. I'm more concerned about the reforms. They need to be pushed through quickly.