• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#21 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

close looks like a fail , am will be the tell

yes, i am watching palladium in particular. i do think there will be problems @the mines in s/africa. which will cause pal and plat to rise.
jim rogers

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification. Brokers promote the motion that everybody should diversity. But that is mainly to protect themselves. The way to get rich is to find what is good, focus on it, and concentrate your resources there."
so far todays low is testing the .382 low that was also created the other day. and w/fridays cots the small specs /large specs are building their short positions, while the commercials are reducing theirs and working towards net long.
seasonal lows complete around the 7th.
i am noticing bottoms being formed in several commodities.
so far the market is unable to make higher highs, now we see if it can create its 1st higher low. need to see it get some footing
dharma

Yep - now's the point to turn - failure here could be problematic!

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=p80138772266&a=310447657&r=6581.png

stubaby B)

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

decent chance lows are in for gold and miners IMO. gold bottomed at previous quatro wave support near 1270 and HUI could be done to downside, reversals need to stick and rallies extend, grande day and this August 6-7 time frame was supposed to be a big turn time. worth a shot with tight stops which I did in early trading PURE BS Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 August 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

for me , the market continues to make lower highs. not a good sign now if it stops making lower lows and makes higher lows , gains some traction then you may have something. agree on the dates, so many had keyed in on these dates. armstrong was looking for a high. what has my interest also is the potash market. russia withdrew from the cartel and here we are w/the market having fallen apart. the premier company is pot. i am waiting to see if another shoe falls. my outlook is for stagflation. hyperinflations are rare occurrences , never happened (to my knowledge to a reserve currency) so , w/that being said. i believe most all commodities will perform well. fertilizer is essential. pot is down around the 10 lows, waiting to see if it holds dharma

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

for me , the market continues to make lower highs. not a good sign
now if it stops making lower lows and makes higher lows , gains some traction then you may have something.
agree on the dates, so many had keyed in on these dates. armstrong was looking for a high.
what has my interest also is the potash market. russia withdrew from the cartel and here we are w/the
market having fallen apart. the premier company is pot. i am waiting to see if another shoe falls.
my outlook is for stagflation. hyperinflations are rare occurrences , never happened (to my knowledge to a reserve currency)
so , w/that being said. i believe most all commodities will perform well. fertilizer is essential. pot is down around the 10 lows, waiting to see if it holds
dharma

agree on the stag, in my old eyes gold has cinco up from 1179 to 1349 and maybe ended a correction this mornin at prev 4th and 50% retrace area, and el dollaro looks muy malo and could bread down is a serious way here

also since you like Palladium like I do it likely finished a beautiful correction this mornin at 712 (50-day MA) and looks ready to rocket norte

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 August 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

for me , the market continues to make lower highs. not a good sign
now if it stops making lower lows and makes higher lows , gains some traction then you may have something.
agree on the dates, so many had keyed in on these dates. armstrong was looking for a high.
what has my interest also is the potash market. russia withdrew from the cartel and here we are w/the
market having fallen apart. the premier company is pot. i am waiting to see if another shoe falls.
my outlook is for stagflation. hyperinflations are rare occurrences , never happened (to my knowledge to a reserve currency)
so , w/that being said. i believe most all commodities will perform well. fertilizer is essential. pot is down around the 10 lows, waiting to see if it holds
dharma

agree on the stag, in my old eyes gold has cinco up from 1179 to 1349 and maybe ended a correction this mornin at prev 4th and 50% retrace area, and el dollaro looks muy malo and could bread down is a serious way here

also since you like Palladium like I do it likely finished a beautiful correction this mornin at 712 (50-day MA) and looks ready to rocket norte

Senor

senor, we are on the same page, i am counting it as a 5. we shall see
just listened to this http://www.peakprosp...europe-hot-mess
17 million in france work. they support a population of 66 million. some are taxed @100%

dharma

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

bueno night so far with gold at 1293 and silver at 19.76 and copper norte of 3.24 and looking to be breaking out if rally sustained BSing away Senor

#27 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

bueno night so far with gold at 1293 and silver at 19.76 and copper norte of 3.24 and looking to be breaking out if rally sustained

BSing away

Senor

bueno to see rally continue, clear breakout in Copper and miners finally getting a strong move, Plat and Palladium rallying as expected and even CRB comin outta the hole nicely

BSing away

Senor

#28 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

Dharma, did you are someone else post (I can't find it) that the "SKI" system did or was going to give a buy yesterday or today? Senor

#29 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

i dont follow ski , senor. so it wasnt me rising interest rates are bullish for gold. usually rising rates are behind the curve. its an admission that inflation is rising. read this piece this am in rr Here's the deal. On July 5 the market price of 30-year Treasury bonds fell about 4.1%. -- the equivalent of a 615 point drop in the Dow, which at that time was around 15,000. That's a really serious drop, folks. If you owned $10,000 of 30 year Treasuries due in November 2042, for example, your investment would have declined in value by $354, exceeding the $275 of annual interest the bond pays. So you lost more than a year's interest in one day. Pretty scary When last I looked the bond was trading at about 85.5% of face value, which means that the holders had lost more than five years worth of interest in the eight months since the bond was issued. Collectively, holders of this issue, which has a face value of $16 billion, have lost more than $2.3 billion... Don't feel bad if you didn't know about this hideous drop -- few people do. That's because although the Dow and Standard & Poor's 500 have huge public recognition, there's nothing equivalent for bonds. the pros are chopping up the weak longs/shorts. looks like a breakdown, bring em back up. looks like we are going to breakout, bring em back down. its a pro driven market. india is the place where they have been buying and hoarding gold for generations they know the banksters are not for them, its no mystery to them. well conveniently they have taken out of the market. i take all the action so far as base building.watching the reserve currency. below 79 and the top is in for this move of course in the big picture the decline from 105 tells more of the story dharma

#30 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

i dont follow ski , senor.
so it wasnt me
rising interest rates are bullish for gold. usually rising rates are behind the curve.
its an admission that inflation is rising.
read this piece this am in rr
Here's the deal. On July 5 the market price of 30-year Treasury bonds fell about 4.1%. -- the equivalent of a 615 point drop in the Dow, which at that time was around 15,000. That's a really serious drop, folks. If you owned $10,000 of 30 year Treasuries due in November 2042, for example, your investment would have declined in value by $354, exceeding the $275 of annual interest the bond pays. So you lost more than a year's interest in one day. Pretty scary

When last I looked the bond was trading at about 85.5% of face value, which means that the holders had lost more than five years worth of interest in the eight months since the bond was issued. Collectively, holders of this issue, which has a face value of $16 billion, have lost more than $2.3 billion... Don't feel bad if you didn't know about this hideous drop -- few people do. That's because although the Dow and Standard & Poor's 500 have huge public recognition, there's nothing equivalent for bonds.

the pros are chopping up the weak longs/shorts. looks like a breakdown, bring em back up. looks like we are going to breakout, bring em back down. its a pro driven market. india is the place where they have been buying and hoarding gold for generations they know the banksters are not for them, its no mystery to them. well conveniently they have taken out of the market.
i take all the action so far as base building.watching the reserve currency. below 79 and the top is in for this move of course in the big picture the decline from 105 tells more of the story
dharma

peso dollar may be entering tres of tres down basis daily chart - looks muy malo for dollar and bueno for gold-sil-pal commods etc

BSing away

Senor