gapdown

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

my system says it will stick ....this wk would be some nice kaching for shorts.. (short from 79)

#2 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hilarious. Boehner says default is imminent. Result?? Bond futures are soaring on the news, LOL...

#3 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

bonds are likely to rise for few weeks (i am long) irrespective of default battlecries.... then the Bond market will come into its own and we will see a new global paradigm

#4 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Still think we touch 1694 spx... may not look like it now and I could be wrong but give it a chance. The pumpers will be in control by morning. But yes IF we open like this the real one is upon us.... the hourly sell will get this thing going in Ernest. Went out friday flat but slept well. Best O

#5 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

O, you know well if you hoist off center it will keel over...you always pull up w/ CG below the hook line or else it all falls like pack of cards....

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Well, most futures gaps fill within 48 hours, I expect this one to be no different. I do not like futures gap downs as they create a waste of time for the big traders to get back their unexpected loss before the real move can resume.

Edited by CLK, 06 October 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#7 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hilarious.

Boehner says default is imminent.

Result??

Bond futures are soaring on the news, LOL...

Its going to be even more hilarious when the US government does default, and bonds implode along with the vast majority of stocks. Why ? Because the people who created this mess, are going to go right down the toilet with the rest of the financial system. :P

In the meantime, it is a 100% guarantee, that the FEDS will have to increase QE, in order to prevent an imminent default. A default triggered by debt ceiling won't happen, nor will the government decrease its spending, nor will Obamacare be scaled back or delayed. Someone in DC will figure out a way, constitutional or otherwise, to avert what everyone considers the unthinkable. Its happened 74 times before this, and will happen at least another 74 times in the next 30 to 50 years. We have a government run by a bunch of corrupt morons, who will take this country for everything it is worth. There is a LOT more to yet be pilfered from the citizens, so stay tuned for more rhetoric, and non-action from the halls and walls of DC. <_<
OTIS.

#8 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

O, you know well if you hoist off center it will keel over...you always pull up w/ CG below the hook line or else it all falls like pack of cards....

Yes you are so right and the Domino's are all lined up thats for sure. I just try to think like one of "the boys" now. If this caught them off gaurd they will try to support until they are on the right side. But if becomes a waterfall event they will create a bounce to position correctly.

But as I said in another thread daily/weekly/monthlys are all at support lines. IF THE BREAK THEM the bott waterfall will be a blood bath. Just glad I got out of longs friday even though I expected on more push higher.

Best...

O

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

The gap down after the third gap down which was closed usually closes too... Ideally it squeezes to ES_F 1690s...

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I don't think it fills tonight. They will make them work for it.