• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#11 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't think it fills tonight. They will make them work for it.

New is so bad that if they open it lower like this, they may not be able to control the market.

I really wonder what Boehner is after, BOTH the president and Boehner commented about the markets in general. It all feels like a giant conspiracy sometimes, like they want to push the Treasury rates lower ahead of the winter...

We all know this entire budget and obamacare blah are political sideshows...

Every controlling entity since May has been trying to be bearish, Fed, analysts, these budget BS etc...

Edited by arbman, 06 October 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#12 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I don't think it fills tonight. They will make them work for it.

New is so bad that if they open it lower like this, they may not be able to control the market.

I really wonder what Boehner is after, BOTH the president and Boehner commented about the markets and US in general. It all feels like a giant conspiracy sometimes, like they want to push the Treasury rates lower ahead of a winter...

We all know this entire budget and obamacare blah are political sideshows...

If I were not short already I would be waiting for a fill, as one should, but if we make new swing lows before, then this could be a crash,
as the move was up Friday, many probably thought the lows were in for a week or so. Nevertheless, I would be surprized if the gap did not fill.

#13 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

opex i believe sep opex week is more than 50% lower, but please look for the stats this is my fading memory.
best,
klh

#14 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

opex i believe sep opex week is more than 50% lower, but please look for the stats this is my fading memory.
best,
klh

#15 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

FTSE is hitting new gap down lows, though DAX is holding up, Aussie testing swing lows, no surprize there though.

#16 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

SH_T, I can't wait for the markets to open tomorrow as I plan to buy SPY call options, both Oct & Nov exp. Tomorrow's LOW will just about do it IMHO.

Edited by cycletimer, 06 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#17 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

opex

i believe sep opex week is more than 50% lower, but please look for the stats this is my fading memory.

I believe we are in Oct :lol:

I know what you mean though ;)

#18 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I hope we default and the 10-yr. yield crashes back below 2% That will definitely trigger "Animal Spirits" again and get things moving to the upside.

#19 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

OMG. I just looked after reading here I thought we were down like 20+ but we are only down 8.30? Not sure CT if we get an hourly sell I'll have to respect it. BUT going against your TA does not make me rest easy. We are on the brink and alot is saying we rocket up from here as we have every time we have been here. But a few things are saying maybe not this time. Guess 9:45am will tell the tale. O

#20 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

be careful guys - feels like a real orchestrated event - retail doesnt like to hold over the weekends, and I keep remembering how Paulson used the threat of armegeddon to push his will through.
best,
klh