bottoming process in progress

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

nothing proven yet, the rally continues. i dont think we are just going to blast higher. seems that fewer read the gold board. seems that everyone is waiting for the next shoe to drop. @ the least the rally will make some chase. for me above 1434 and we have taken out a previous significant high , which has not occurred in the gold bear. and i then start looking for higher prices. ie the resumption of the bull. its no mystery. the debt just keeps growing . either the debt gets reneged or it gets paid back one way or the other. it doesnt just magically disappear. there is still great con-fidence in the system just look @ the bond market. we are stiill in the early innings of the great unwinding. the debt ceiling will be raised no concessions will be made. no spending cuts. none of it matters , until one day it does. later this year perhaps?!~ mining is a biz. these companies were so undervalued. the volume that has come into the sector is saying to me that big money has come into the sector. it was 08 all over again for the miners. the big buying is going to continue to come out of the east. its not in our traditions here to own gold it was money and when it wasnt no one thought 2x about it. my eyes are on the far east. the indian elections hold a big key. modi is still the front runner dharma

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

from the very beginning of the bull market, i have stated that i dont think silver will do as well as gold. to my knowledge no cb holds silver. @times silver will lead due to its speculative nature . i view silver as much much more risky than gold. it was locked limit down for weeks in 80, once th etop was in. dont fall in love w/silver. it will do well but, when it tops , lots of profits will be given back in a hurry dharma

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

from the very beginning of the bull market, i have stated that i dont think silver will do as well as gold. to my knowledge no cb holds silver. @times silver will lead due to its speculative nature . i view silver as much much more risky than gold. it was locked limit down for weeks in 80, once th etop was in. dont fall in love w/silver. it will do well but, when it tops , lots of profits will be given back in a hurry
dharma

IMO it will outperform on a percentage basis as it did from 2000 to 2011, whether it keeps the same ratio as it did on that run from lows to highs I do not know. It usually lags in this stage and could do so for a while, however they will ultimately move together IMO. Gold went from 250 area to 1920, silver from 4 to 49.

Senor

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Why do you say it lags; I thought silver gold ratio usually bottoms first

from the very beginning of the bull market, i have stated that i dont think silver will do as well as gold. to my knowledge no cb holds silver. @times silver will lead due to its speculative nature . i view silver as much much more risky than gold. it was locked limit down for weeks in 80, once th etop was in. dont fall in love w/silver. it will do well but, when it tops , lots of profits will be given back in a hurry
dharma

IMO it will outperform on a percentage basis as it did from 2000 to 2011, whether it keeps the same ratio as it did on that run from lows to highs I do not know. It usually lags in this stage and could do so for a while, however they will ultimately move together IMO. Gold went from 250 area to 1920, silver from 4 to 49.

Senor

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

From Dan Norcini Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Quick Look at GLD Is the rally sustainable?
Peace
johngeorge

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

firstly i read the gld prospectus years ago, what i remember is they dont have to have the physical gold the fund is owned and operated by the banksters. one day, down the road , there will be a surprise here. my point about silver is , the market is mostly owned by speculators. no cbs hold silver. when the game is up 6yrs or so down the road. the exit door will not be wide enough. what most dont understand. the chinese are promoting their citizens to own gold it is not a trade for them. it is a hold , they have been through currency upheavals before. for indians it is part of their religion. the bull will gain its legs from the east . it is where the tonnes buyers are. the comex is a fractional exchange. where the exchanges in the east , set up and being set up are cash. the game is taking shape. it all takes time. i do think this leg has more to go. i think some froth has to develop. meanwhile the bugs sit huddled in the corner for fear the next shoe is going to drop . and the trio of banksters call for 1033 . of course who knows their position. and all the while the mountain of debt climbs. dharma

#7 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

firstly i read the gld prospectus years ago, what i remember is they dont have to have the physical gold the fund is owned and operated by the banksters. one day, down the road , there will be a surprise here.
my point about silver is , the market is mostly owned by speculators. no cbs hold silver. when the game is up 6yrs or so down the road. the exit door will not be wide enough.
what most dont understand. the chinese are promoting their citizens to own gold it is not a trade for them. it is a hold , they have been through currency upheavals before. for indians it is part of their religion.
the bull will gain its legs from the east . it is where the tonnes buyers are. the comex is a fractional exchange. where the exchanges in the east , set up and being set up are cash. the game is taking shape. it all takes time.
i do think this leg has more to go. i think some froth has to develop. meanwhile the bugs sit huddled in the corner for fear the next shoe is going to drop . and the trio of banksters call for 1033 . of course who knows their position.
and all the while the mountain of debt climbs.
dharma

dharma

The GLD as you described is as I understand it to be. What a racket banksters have!!!!

Silver, IMO, is foremost an industrial metal and I believe much of its movement is related to copper. They appear to me to correlate well. Gold, the physical metal, as you point out, is investment and insurance with very little industrial use and I have never heard of central banks holding silver either. You have regularly pointed out the "noise" at these gold price levels and I agree with you there as well. My line in the sand for gold to resume the bull is 1358 and a confirmation @ 1534. Meanwhile I do have a short term buy on gold @ 1264. Regards silver I have a short term buy @ 20.18 with a bull resumption @ 22.50 and a confirmation @ 22.93. Will know in the fulness of time.

Thanks for your posts and insights. Always most appreciated. :yes:
Peace
johngeorge

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

if gold is in a daily third wave which IMO is becoming more and more possible then 1350 could be reached very quickly, and if that happens it will likely occur with silver finally breaking out above 20.30-20.50 resistance and quickly rallying to 21.50 area BSing away Senor

Edited by senorBS, 13 February 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#9 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

well until silver/ gold breaks out cautuin seems warranted

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

if gold is in a daily third wave which IMO is becoming more and more possible then 1350 could be reached very quickly, and if that happens it will likely occur with silver finally breaking out above 20.30-20.50 resistance and quickly rallying to 21.50 area

BSing away

Senor

i am thinking we could be finishing the 3rd here. but , its a work in progress. bottom line , i think your upside target is realistic. and i think silver wakes up soon. catapulting , trapping the bears
dharma