wave 2? bottoming

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

GDX 23.27 low, I like this last hr minor new low in gold and miners and decent bounce "so far", HUI/GDX/XAU all bottom withing "cents" of .618's so far but it has to move strongly higher, most important action since the top IMO Senor

#22 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

could be looking at a key near term reversal in the miners especially if the HUI/GDX/XAU/GDXJ can take out session highs made early today - so far to the absolute brink and clawing back, no decision so far Senor

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

so, now the options are expiring, and magically the price is @1300 so the large #of puts and calls expire worthless.
wash, rinse, repeat. guess who wins. there are certain sectors of the market its best not to compete in. options, imo is one of them.
dharma

...perhaps a la Armstrong the low in gold is yet to come..charts will take a long time to look bullish..bullish seasonal is
behind us..don't see a V bottom here..

donc

there are other kinds of bottoms. this one is taking on a rounding bottom
the weak season may have just ended!?
http://www.seasonalc...ssics_gold.html
dharma
a friend just sent me this http://www.bloomberg...re-jeweler.html
and this http://www.mining.co...tax-rise-99931/
this is good news for gold , but maybe not for life on earth
http://www.thedailye...new-energy.html
dharma

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

could be looking at a key near term reversal in the miners especially if the HUI/GDX/XAU/GDXJ can take out session highs made early today - so far to the absolute brink and clawing back, no decision so far

Senor

it gets no more critical than this amigos, if and I stress "IF" this is a key secondary low a huge move up could lie ahead, conversely if we decisively take out today's low we could easily and quickly be headed for major new decline lows! GDXJ also hit the .618 area and IMO has been the best counting index since the lows and seems to be a "leader"- its session high is 36.94 and is now trading at 36.80....

Senor

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

could be looking at a key near term reversal in the miners especially if the HUI/GDX/XAU/GDXJ can take out session highs made early today - so far to the absolute brink and clawing back, no decision so far

Senor

it gets no more critical than this amigos, if and I stress "IF" this is a key secondary low a huge move up could lie ahead, conversely if we decisively take out today's low we could easily and quickly be headed for major new decline lows! GDXJ also hit the .618 area and IMO has been the best counting index since the lows and seems to be a "leader"- its session high is 36.94 and is now trading at 36.80....

Senor

looking good billy ray
new highs in gdxj on the day
buying coming in
dharma

#26 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Senor

Senor

looking good billy ray
buying coming in
dharma

now that was a power drive in the GDXJ and friends into the close! above 37 in GDXJ, very nice short term action, however one-day only and follow thru badly needed but ya gotta start somewhere and those Fibos we hit today would not be a bad place at all amigo!

BSing away

Senor

#27 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Senor

Senor

looking good billy ray
buying coming in
dharma

OK, enough with the retests. Let's rock! LOL

#28 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Senor

Senor

looking good billy ray
buying coming in
dharma

ya gotta crawl before you can walk before you can run, one bad night in gold tonight could make this little bit of optimism meaningless

Senor

#29 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Senor

Senor

looking good billy ray
buying coming in
dharma

ya gotta crawl before you can walk before you can run, one bad night in gold tonight could make this little bit of optimism meaningless

Senor

I remember it took a couple of days to get going in December so I'll give it a couple of days here.

#30 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

5 down short term from 1298 to 1285 with good relative strength from the miners "so far", lets see if we can rally back toward 1300, critical action and one has to be very careful here Senor