Classic UGLY BOTTOM?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#11 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

also, SIL just made a new rally high since last week Wednesday's major decline low, that's happening with silver recently going sideways and lagging gold,just perhaps another small indication of which direction we "might" be headed, this is where we look for clues. Bearish count is that a C wave in SIL is ending from the low, bullish one is that we are getting ready to accelerate sharply higher - we see Senor

#12 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

more choppy action in miners below GDX and GDXJ resistance, ABX this mornin did register a very marginal major new decline low (couple ticks below July 2013 bottom) this morning and has bounced a bit - significant daily and weekly divergences and looks like a potential important completion pattern. I view this as large degree bottoming action as many miners and ETF's may have already bottomed and some others possibly complete their patterns, we see if this interp is correct

BSing away

Senor

A close above 14 breaks downtrend.....16 to 16.50 potential near term.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=abx

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

more choppy action in miners below GDX and GDXJ resistance, ABX this mornin did register a very marginal major new decline low (couple ticks below July 2013 bottom) this morning and has bounced a bit - significant daily and weekly divergences and looks like a potential important completion pattern. I view this as large degree bottoming action as many miners and ETF's may have already bottomed and some others possibly complete their patterns, we see if this interp is correct

BSing away

Senor

A close above 14 breaks downtrend.....16 to 16.50 potential near term.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=abx

agree, I like the potential ending downside pattern, divergences all over the place, also possible short term 5 up off this mornins low, it's got its chance here IMO

Senor

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

lets see if ABX (13.89 last) can decisively clear 14-14.05 today, if it does it will start looking like at least a key trading low and IMO imply prices will head a good bit higher and that could help the GDX and larger miners BSing away Senor

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

what i am also watching is miners costs, w/oil plummeting are being cut=more profitable for them to mine. the drag is the broad market . it sucks the life out of miners. w/the fed taking about raising rates and buillard coming out and saying he maybe we shouldnt end qe, talk about mixed signals. folks have alot of confidence in the fed! is it well founded. dharma

#16 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

20 DMA is still capping rallies on juniors

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

It seems like there is someone with a fly swatter that keeps swatting down the GDX/GDXJ when the get into this resistance area, but GDX and GDXJ just keep coming up off the floor for more. It "feels to me" like prices are very resilient here and readying for an eventual strong move above this area, we will see Senor

#18 tomterrific14

tomterrific14

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

It seems like there is someone with a fly swatter that keeps swatting down the GDX/GDXJ when the get into this resistance area, but GDX and GDXJ just keep coming up off the floor for more. It "feels to me" like prices are very resilient here and readying for an eventual strong move above this area, we will see

Senor

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=cef 60% Gold, 40 % Silver

Daily momentum indicators, MACD, PMO, TSI, TRIX suggest bottom is in. Confirmation is needed by a break out above and close of 12.75

#19 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

GDX looks like it needs a decline just below 20.67 and GDXJ below 31.80 to complete possible wave "ii's", and with other stocks like ABX and NEM probably completing final fifth waves the "ugly bottom" process appears fully underway. I think we will likely go below those levels listed but a low above there would not surprise me either BSing away Senor

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

GDX looks like it needs a decline just below 20.67 and GDXJ below 31.80 to complete possible wave "ii's", and with other stocks like ABX and NEM probably completing final fifth waves the "ugly bottom" process appears fully underway. I think we will likely go below those levels listed but a low above there would not surprise me either

BSing away

Senor

hourly charts
gld oversold
gdx and gdxj not oversold
this could be a B or 2. or something else entirely
@the fed site , the fed added 19 billion last month
dharma