• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 csw2002

csw2002

• Traders-Talk User
  • 554 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

csw -

I am really disappointed - sad for you but also Dennis - I really did not think he would do anything underhanded.

If this is the mess you say it is - I hope you have a countersigned copy of your agreement. I would take that to a lawyer since the concept is not a clear P&S agreement, and if it is $40K you cant go to small claims - I just read the detaol post - that is sortof a labor contract so that may make it more complicated. If the agreement was with an LLC dont waste your money - it is nearly impossible to get money out of an LLC.

I remember reading that offer - I thought about it myself but did not feel I was talented enough - contrary to Mark - I have heard of other places making similar offers - to me it makes sense, after all, the turtle traders were even trained for free.

Lastly, I would say - you have been really patient - but have a lawyer read your contract terms- there is still hope to me that it is some kind of misunderstanding.

The whole agreement is with Dennis' company and I know exactly you mean. I wouldn't have posted the whole thing if I thought it could have been resolved amicably.
Don't be a fool like me - How I lost $10K

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

As I said, privately, I'm very sorry that this was so disappointing and unsatisfactory for you. :( Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

As I said, privately, I'm very sorry that this was so disappointing and unsatisfactory for you.

:(

Mark

Hey OEX. I just wanted to say I appreciate you running a forum which allows quality content, as well as opinion. It's hard to run a forum and treat everyone fairly, but I think you (and the mods) do a fine job. It's easy for people to be critical and decide to leave because of criticism.

I appreciate that you are able to consider all posts in a fair and respective manner.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader

#14 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

really saddened to read this. Never judge a book by its cover but Buyer beware as always. Greed is bad :-( Have you tried contacting others in the same program with similar experiences? There has to be dome legal redress here? Best to you Csw

Edited by salam, 25 July 2015 - 07:11 AM.

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#15 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

csw, thanks for coming forward on this...I am in the same situation as you...i guess there should be others...i was too ashamed to admit this till now and honestly i feel that i deserve it for trusting anyone like this. Dennis was one of the most respected people on the board..Amazing the levels to which people will stoop to to make a buck. My experience is very similar to yours...2.5K...in the end they wrapped it saying I havent been able to generate consistent profits lol..I managed to speak to Dennis afterward and he gave a story about the partners winding up...restructuring blah blah...and he might have something for me a little later on...something about autotrading some millions for some other investor..lol... I dont feel the experience was a total loss...I learned some things on options...and I trade almost exclusively now using options...and I think it has made a difference in my trading bottomline. I did get a lot of insight from Dennis on this...The 2nd thing more importantly - Dont trust anyone....ANYONE at all :lol: I honestly still find it very difficult that he did all this just to get 10K from me....seems dumb...well almost....considering that this guy knew how to trade...who knows what the circumstances were...he should have refunded the money though...But you know what he is going to say: 10K was the price of the education :lol: Someday I suppose I will look back and laugh at this experience...

#16 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Isn't "Denleo" the one that had posted on this forum about betting his house, literally, on the market? If that's the same guy, I think the scam must've come after losing his house. It's a scam, period. Sorry to know that two of my favorites, PricelyM & CSW2002, happen to fall victim to a scam like this. I'm sure there are many others. TRUST NO ONE!!!

#17 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

I am guessing there was at least 10 of you. Most likely he was in the hole and decided to devise quick money making scheme. Although I still give it some odds that he used it for hookers and booze. Some of those girls are quite expensive you know. lol

#18 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Jeez he should have started a kickstarter instead and bilked a few hundred people for a few tens of bucks instead of tens of grands from 10 people. This is why I will never let anyone ever manage my money or pay people for technical knowledge. I am happy with losses from my extremely risky option trading style... it's wholly my own fault and I don't have to be paranoid about people or feel any resentment.

#19 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

People who know how to make money in the market do not need to run services or sell something. Martin S. Schwartz is one, Terry Laundry ran others people money and averaged 17 percent since 1978 and he charged just 1 percent. I have seen so many get rip off from people who portend to know the market. Do you think Livermore would follow someone else' s advise? Get a feel for the market, study it, watch it ,you can watch others just to see what they are doing and take pieces of what you see and add it to your developing system. If you want to learn something like options read a book you can get them for free on the net or library. The power lies within... tap into it.

#20 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

Guys, the reason I decided to go with Dennis was because it has always been my aim to get into the fund management industry. Going with him seemed like a good entry into the biz. I did not go with him to learn anything....or to find the key to riches/the holy grail...In my mind it was a way to start managing big money because I have been doing a decent job with my own smaller stash. Well as it turns out, there is no easy way anywhere :)