Bugs

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#11 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

Hot links and charts seem ok here until I try to post stockcharts: http://stockcharts.c...id=p48077212991

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community

I added the .png as usual. still no link

Worked here however:

Mike Burk

39687_h.png

Uploading seems to work fine. http://traders-talk....-1448827297.gif

I'm having a heck of a time posting charts.

M

Not happy about old links saved,  for instance http://www.traders-t...howtopic=109889

When on my phone it was very nice for these links to open in that link, now it gives another link to open what before opened when the original page displayed. One ends up with a bunch of tabs open on there smart phone and on the go that is very sloppy and time consuming.

O

These are all related to the same cause and effect. The previous method of posting stockcharts, creating a 'false' link by adding .gif and .png to the end is not accepted by this version of the board. It was a security weakness in the old board.

Essentially any link that contains ? or = or & is not accepted as a valid image. And those 'false' links have not been converted either, hence opinionated's report too.

This is fixable, but not simple to do. Please be patient while we work this through. In the meantime, please just post links.

Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead," then left with another guy.

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

Is anyone else lacking the editing toolbar in Firefox? I have it in I.E.

If no one else is, I may have to reload FF.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

M

No problem here. I have to edit every post I'm so OCD.

PS: Charts, etc can be uploaded free, without registering at http://postimage.org/

After a quick upload they give you options to paste to your clipboard and then link here.

An extra step but I often use it.

EDIT: I forgot to edit this one! Bahahah.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 November 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#14 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

I have a 'go forward' fix in test for posting stockcharts images. Repairing all the broken links in previous posts may take a while longer.

#15 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

M

Works for me, v42 vanilla install, no add-ons or plug-ins.

#16 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

When I view poll results, all the bars tallying the votes look the same, though the number of votes is different.  They look like empty outlines, where bars of different length should be.  Using IE browser

#17 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

I am really sorry the old software no longer was being supported,  But The new stuff really has no interest to me... I hope others find it better and enjoy it but personally I think my participation will slowly cease.... alot of my interaction is from my smart phone and it is terrible when viewed in that medium....  Seems like alot of other sites now.... 

GLTA

O

#18 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

I don't like it too but for a totally different reason.  There used to be lo-fi version that probably nobody but myself was using.  That feature was designed for early days of internet when bandwidth was not there and it would deliver board contents in simplest form possible. Plain white page with just topics and once in, just contents.  Sometimes things would be missing from subject line and occasional chart but one could figure out those misses from post contents.  Believe it or not but I was using that view whenever reading this board.  Would switch to full board only when I wanted to post.  I personally hate modern day boards.  20% is the content.  The rest of the realestate is covered with unecessary junk.

p.s.  I am sure we'll all get used to it eventually since there is no other option.

#19 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:26 AM

What is upgraded by this upgrade?  Not apparent.

#20 DRYALLS

DRYALLS

• Admin
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:56 AM

When I view poll results, all the bars tallying the votes look the same, though the number of votes is different.  They look like empty outlines, where bars of different length should be.  Using IE browser

What IE version are you using please?