• 9,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

dharma

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

stewart thompson If there was ever a time for the US gold community to chase price, that time is right here, right now, but they are all just standing there, like skeletons standing in a closet of doom, while the world's monster econs and monster funds gobble up the gold stocks like Indians gobbling gold at Diwali!

It's an unstoppable dynamo, and Mike Rothman, former head of energy research at BOTH Merrill and ISI is out today, calling for a 100% mega spike in the price of oil, by the end of this year.

What do you think THAT is going to do commodity index oriented value-oriented econs, who are already devouring your gold stocks on the buy-side like T-Rex let loose at a steakhouse!
dharma

#3 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

Some issues breaking out here in big way (THM) no volume though??

#4 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

dougie

Speaking of volume look at the volume in LEXVF

Peace
johngeorge

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

miners leading and flying!  i still read lots and lots of bears out there.  well , if this is a bull it began in mid december. , very young. if this bull is like all the other past bulls. folks will chase and a big # will enter above 1924 . and so it goes. i see gold picking up support from the commodity sector, starting to express some upside. 

note to myself 17 week cycle lows coming soon.  miner made new highs=gold will follow miners lead

relax. keep breathing

dharma

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:14 PM

hey wave iii is just getting started here we got a long way to go my target on gdx is 32 minimum 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:06 AM

dougie

Speaking of volume look at the volume in LEXVF

http://stockcharts.c...r=1460441146862

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

it seems to me, the shorts point to the commercials and say they have increased their short position to near the point where corrections occur. what i see is in this environment its not only the levered hedge funds that have gone long, its also the value oriented investors who are not levered.its a different environment.  also, we are starting to see other commodities join the party. crude oil looks much better. mike rothman, who used to head the energy sector @ merrill and isi came out w/analysis that shows crude oil doubling by years end. so, the commercials have not yet pressed their short positions. . my take is w/o levered money it will not be effective.  higher #s will produce that environment. we have worked this area quite a bit

there is a h&s pattern painted on the gold chart.  the 19th sge is scheduled to begin, denominated in yuan , not dollars

and the fed and boj meet independently on the 27th.  now that can be interesting for the gold market.  all kinds of speculation what abe/kuroda, the economic madmen will cook up.  

i am of the mind that we are in or entering into a 3 to the upside.   the miners have caught fire. and they are still cheap

my guess the next thing  i do is sell some into the strength that develops in the may/june period if i am right.  

let the market take me out

dharma

Edited by dharma, 12 April 2016 - 09:36 AM.

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

one last thought and chart for the morning. http://www.graceland...16apr12xau1.png

note the length of time of this chart.  to me this chart is saying miners have been in a bear market for almost 2 decades, when the miners break out of this channel, we will be in a gargantuan bull market  which will last  awhile. now, dont go out and do something stupid! mining is a tough tough biz and in the folks of some companies are guys who drain the company , then dilute the company = do your homework . do research. that optionality video i posted w/r rule  is a really good place to start .  some execs feel they own the property , which they do, my job is to build out the mine. timing is everything . right now money is dear and tough to borrow, so to borrow you have to give away the store.  its why i like chpgf, not investment advice -but an example of a ceo who has tons of experience and knows the biz.  he is not building out metates, he is sitting and waiting , letting the asset build in value .

so bottom line, when the breakout occurs on this chart take note!!!!

have your position established.

dharma 

#10 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

A monthly RSI-T seems to have been built and concluded from 2004 to 2015.

Some times these work out to perfection.

2015-2004 = 11 years

2015 + 11 years = 2026 - the Glorious XAU Year  guru.gif

Edited by tria, 12 April 2016 - 11:52 AM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky