https://www.elliottw...1604241249.html

dharma

#22 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

dharma

I think you put some kindling under Oban mining with your recent post.  Up nearly 12% yesterday and up 2+% now.  Went and took a look at OBNNF and got me some.  Small starter position.  Unfortunately for me I am one of those who sold a couple gold miners recently.  sad.png  Had nice profits so it wasn't all bad.  With the addition of Oban I now own 5 explorers.  Enough for me.

Thanks for the thread. 

Peace
johngeorge

#23 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

well  the previous high has now fallen. on the charts 1307 is next.  my resistance pts. are1293,1309,1325,1341 make no mistakes, stops will be run, i will either hedge or take some off when 1309 is exceeded.  the bear market in gold stocks  took the market down by 85% it was very compressed by a 4 yr bear market in miners. many miners are on the brink of extinction , other are extinct. there was blood running in the streets and still there are some teetering/ that sort of oversold condition leads to these kinds of rallies. i was buying in dec and january posting that i thought these things were cheap, there was value there. folks saw beyond then and the end of 16 currie and schnider were taking about and bought black rock et al comes to mind.  gold is money. this was brought out by jpmorgan himself in the crash of 1893 .this gold bull market is very young and it has time and price to appreciate.    how will marty spin this?   

i havent been posting sentiment readings. but there is no ebullience here:

HGNSI was unchanged at 40%.

MarketVane’s bullish consensus rose 3 points to 57%,

DSI rose 8 points to to a whopping 56%

it is the shorts who are excited about shorting  not the bulls excited about higher prices. 

one other thing and i said this awhile ago. we dont know what the commercials position is. yes the cots show them big net short. 

all the cbs who have been forced to sell or those who have rid their vaults of the barbarous relic  , that gold went some place and i have 

been reading (have no idea if its true or not) have been buying physical and selling paper

i would love to buy some more issues. , but i wont. i will ride w/what i have and wait. 

my most recent purchase is doing well, not going to press it here

next wave yes

dharma

in 78 i began my career. everytime i sold i had to buy back and pay more. hopefully i am not going to do that again

gold topped jan 22, 1980   the next day it was down 15%   but , the miners went up for the next 9-10months, it doesnt

have to happen like that again, but it was a big lesson for me . one i havent taken lightly. 

in a bull its the shorts who run for cover.  folks are all too willing to short. they will have to cover!

#24 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

well , now i dont know if i should post stock picks or not. people need to do their own dd/, following me is a giant mistake. i know nothing 

dharma

#25 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

i am going to make it as easy on myself as possible . i spend hours a day setting aside time to investigate mines. trying to separate the bs and fluff from a real mine   i call their investor service  depts and ask questions. how much cash on hand? what is your burn rate? etc

so,  from here on out  i will post some stuff i feel is worth investigating

i dont own this one, but i continue to look into it the ceo is one of the most successful  guys in the mining biz. he has made r rule et al lots of money. my reservation is its location. i still have a bad taste in my mouth from the s/afrikan miners back in the last bull cycle.   also, i am not big on industrial metals

http://sprottglobal....interview-2016/

gold has broken to new highs for 16 and broken out of the pennant.  1307 on the chart my #1309  . take that out and the bears will scramble

they are buried in the market .  and @some point will be forced to cover.  

dharma

stagflation will present itself before this year concludes. the fed will remain behind the curve

i am not in the hyperinflation camp! 

Edited by dharma, 29 April 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#26 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

i am going to make it as easy on myself as possible . i spend hours a day setting aside time to investigate mines. trying to separate the bs and fluff from a real mine   i call their investor service  depts and ask questions. how much cash on hand? what is your burn rate? etc

so,  from here on out  i will post some stuff i feel is worth investigating

i dont own this one, but i continue to look into it the ceo is one of the most successful  guys in the mining biz. he has made r rule et al lots of money. my reservation is its location. i still have a bad taste in my mouth from the s/afrikan miners back in the last bull cycle.   also, i am not big on industrial metals

http://sprottglobal....interview-2016/

gold has broken to new highs for 16 and broken out of the pennant.  1307 on the chart my #1309  . take that out and the bears will scramble

they are buried in the market .  and @some point will be forced to cover.  

dharma

stagflation will present itself before this year concludes. the fed will remain behind the curve

i am not in the hyperinflation camp! 

I have many small miners that I hope will recover. My largest holding is AEM. I also have NGD, GG and PVG. In silver I have PAAS and TAHO. Thanks for the heads up on Oban.

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

cots

not much change here

http://news.goldseek.../1461958364.php

dharma

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

it sure looks to me like gold w/the breakout from the pennant, has just finished a cup and handle pattern. the projection will make some one sit up and take notice.

whats interesting is as we go higher in 2 of the 4 stage model  of a market. there are the bears, and many of the bulls are short or are out . very few  folks are long or are full long

the shorts are about to run for cover.  of course bulls climb a wall of worry, and mine right here right now in may is a stock market crash! that would get me to scurry for cover

well tha banksters tried qe, they lowered rates to zirp and nirp,  next will be rising rates to deal w/rising inflation(which is what the rising commodity prices indicate)     and then there is gold revaluation , which is also in their playbook.

dharma

marty was great from 11-15

now his long stocks to 43k on the dow

long the dollar

short gold '

could be a total bust?!

#29 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

I am mostly long but just sold 3 small mining stocks and funds one week early for different reasons

I needed to transfer money and it had the ST profits.

I will hope for some dip to buy next week or two. The weekly cycle is now a lot like it was on Feb 11,

I hope for a good drop in silver to buy coming up. I have been buying silver coins every week and some

gold pieces almost every week, never stopped.

There is a good change of a two week drop in my $gold chart for next two weeks. I will buy it if it happens.

I will probably just make small exchanges from stock funds to Schiff gold fund next week every day.

I will not think about it anymore just permanent positions.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#30 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:39 PM

dharma

"bulls climb a wall of worry, and mine right here right now in may is a stock market crash! that would get me to scurry for cover"

Ditto!  AChartist, in his post above, mentions he is hoping for a dip in the next week or two.  I would be buying back and adding to present positions if we get one. Gold Eagles are scarce as hen's teeth where I live.  Will be on the hunt though.

April 28th Bob Hoye at 321 Gold  has a list of silver miners with his projections of support as perhaps a buying opportunity.

Peace
johngeorge