the next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

the highs of 14 and 15 for gdx are above 27 if the market can get above 28  then all of 14 and 15 become a very large base.  the fed can be found in hotel california. they are trapped by their own design.  kuroda opted to do nothing last night. and i think no matter what happens w/the brexit it will be gold friendly.  zirp and nirp are causing a variety of problems.  pension funds will not be able to meet their obligations . banks , w/little profits, have not been enticed to lend out the qe money ball bernake gave them. db is still searching for a bottom and appears to be in serious trouble, they were tossed from the club to boot, making their borrowing costs higher. 

gone are the 3am bankster bombing runs . the dubai quattro and the shanghai exchanges are laying the infrastructure for the new bull market in gold . it will take about a year from now before the foundation is laid and fully used.  jim rogers and martin armstrong continue to wait for gold below 1k.  scarring the neophytes w/their calls.  but real investors have entered the sector and have become vocal.    the likes of soros and druckenmiller. both have become billionaires by their prowess. 

one of the explorers i like got bombed this am contemplating stepping in, the problem is i am not sure what the consequences of the ruling will be.  it has been my deliberation all morning.  so, i wrote this piece to put my mind in a different space,  

dharma

#2 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

the highs of 14 and 15 for gdx are above 27 if the market can get above 28  then all of 14 and 15 become a very large base.  the fed can be found in hotel california. they are trapped by their own design.  kuroda opted to do nothing last night. and i think no matter what happens w/the brexit it will be gold friendly.  zirp and nirp are causing a variety of problems.  pension funds will not be able to meet their obligations . banks , w/little profits, have not been enticed to lend out the qe money ball bernake gave them. db is still searching for a bottom and appears to be in serious trouble, they were tossed from the club to boot, making their borrowing costs higher. 

gone are the 3am bankster bombing runs . the dubai quattro and the shanghai exchanges are laying the infrastructure for the new bull market in gold . it will take about a year from now before the foundation is laid and fully used.  jim rogers and martin armstrong continue to wait for gold below 1k.  scarring the neophytes w/their calls.  but real investors have entered the sector and have become vocal.    the likes of soros and druckenmiller. both have become billionaires by their prowess. 

one of the explorers i like got bombed this am contemplating stepping in, the problem is i am not sure what the consequences of the ruling will be.  it has been my deliberation all morning.  so, i wrote this piece to put my mind in a different space,  

dharma

So many more "fish in the sea" - don't put anymore intent in your deliberations, FWIW 

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

dharma

So many more "fish in the sea" - don't put anymore intent in your deliberations, FWIW 

not exactly sure of what you mean, but i have pushed this one aside for now, as i am not entirely sure of the consequences of what just happened to this company. 

thanks for your input

dharma

#4 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

Dharma,

Ray Merriman Mid year seminar - He mentioned  (5 june 2016) that he was looking for Gold market to have big rally until 2 Aug 2016.

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

With today's reversal the bulls are not in control.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

hsbc on brexit

http://www.businessi...16-6??r=UK&IR=T

dharma

we shall see russ

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

hsbc on brexit

http://www.businessi...16-6??r=UK&IR=T

dharma

we shall see russ

Yes indeed Dharma, interesting times. MA remains totally sure Gold is not done going down yet, he's alway right isn't he? ;)   Seems one of his main arguments is that the economic crisis has not started yet and that European capital will flow into the dollar and blue chips first, driving down Gold.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,612 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

armstrong is confused as the fed  he sounds like yellen did yesterday "Here we have the Dow electing our Daily Bearish Reversal and gold electing a Daily Bullish Reversal all because they FAILED to show the world that they have this under control. Yet, this reaction from the markets is terribly interesting. The Dow declined because the Fed did not raise rates, and gold rallied for the same reason. This is counter-trend to the general “fundamental” expectations. The Dow was doing well with the prospect of a rate hike until the Jobs Report, and it rallied but stopped dead with the Weekly Bullish Reversal at 17800. Gold crashed but held our critical Bearish Reversal at 1206 and bounced. While the gold crowd thinks a rally is good because the market will crash, at the same time we have the Dow declining with lower rates instead of higher rates. These trends are showing extreme stress in the financial markets overall."

frankly, i like reading marty, but i read w/a grain of salt

dharma

after 6 straight days of higher gold prices the market needed a breather, now the key is what happens next

Edited by dharma, 16 June 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:14 PM

Armstrong mentioned his daily numbers but his weekly and monthly numbers are more important, not sure why he just talked daily numbers.

#10 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

ugly day to be sure