the next leg higher

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

i try and factor all the information i have at my disposal into my trading decisions. of course certain bits of information trump others.  

rajan the cbanker of india , got hatched out of his position. he was the most knowledgeable cb and seemed not to be corrupt. india is very corrupt

soros came out yesterday and advised the brits against exiting . now this guy became a billionaire as a contrarian." take what everyone knows to be true and do the opposite". so, i take what he says and think the opposite. , he doesnt reveal his true position until after the fact

this chart is quite revealing https://gracelandupd...016jun20gs1.png . @ the lows of 13, 14, and 15 the miners were undervalued and cheap , it took until 16 for all those buys to be in the green. the truth of the chart is miners are under valued in relation to gold.  and in my opinion miners are still way undervalued. 

the brit vote showing stay would not surprise me, who knows how reflective the tally will be in relation to the actual vote.!? but, i think other nations will line up and want to at least vote on staying or leaving the losing proposition! 

so, my plan now is to wait for the gyrations of friday to see if i can pick off an undervalued miner or two

and i agree w/gannman , the counts look bullish. 

dharma

#22 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

seasonally , we are in the weak time of year. the monsoon has yet to really hit india and the chinese new year and diwali buying are a month or 2 away.  i dont mind holding value and waiting . there are not alot of opportunities out there in other vehicles.   i believe gold and silver are the head of the commodity sector, although i dont think gold is a commodity =its money

dharma

#23 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

"i dont think gold is a commodity =its money"  No truer words spoken....or written.  Gold is correcting and so I have turned my eye to platinum.  Looking at SPPP for a buy.  I have done nothing but sit on my hands for sometime now and will most likely stay that way until at least Brexit voting is over. 

On another note I read a not very favorable article on PGLC.  Seems one of the people behind it has a shady past?  Did not know for sure what to make of it so when in doubt I sell.  I took a tiny loss on the stock but feel better for selling.  Of course the stock went back up nearly immediately after I sold it.  sad.png

Here is the link to the article on PGLC

Peace
johngeorge

#24 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

i try and factor all the information i have at my disposal into my trading decisions. of course certain bits of information trump others.  

rajan the cbanker of india , got hatched out of his position. he was the most knowledgeable cb and seemed not to be corrupt. india is very corrupt

soros came out yesterday and advised the brits against exiting . now this guy became a billionaire as a contrarian." take what everyone knows to be true and do the opposite". so, i take what he says and think the opposite. , he doesnt reveal his true position until after the fact

this chart is quite revealing https://gracelandupd...016jun20gs1.png . @ the lows of 13, 14, and 15 the miners were undervalued and cheap , it took until 16 for all those buys to be in the green. the truth of the chart is miners are under valued in relation to gold.  and in my opinion miners are still way undervalued. 

the brit vote showing stay would not surprise me, who knows how reflective the tally will be in relation to the actual vote.!? but, i think other nations will line up and want to at least vote on staying or leaving the losing proposition! 

so, my plan now is to wait for the gyrations of friday to see if i can pick off an undervalued miner or two

and i agree w/gannman , the counts look bullish. 

dharma

crude my friend has been and remains a very good opp, lookin for $65-70 by year end and $80 sometime next yr, the leverage on some of th e oil stocks will be impressive IF that happens. I am worried that gold has finished 5 up from the Jan low and will now spend a few months correcting that overall bullish rally. Could still be subbin a 3rd higher but much further below GDX 25 and that becomes less and less likely, we see

Senor

#25 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

larry williams on JUne 4th on gold crude and stocks

http://www.bloomberg...-is-oil-heading

best,
klh

#26 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

this is why r rule said to riefel nickels look like man hole covers.  he doesnt spend money.  this companys price is very cheap.  it will be taken out imo

http://business.fina...es-gold-project

dharma

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

i dont think chpgf is in play, but what do i know?  as riefel says in the above interview the project doesnt become feasible until there are higher gold prices. but what i do like is , they dont need to raise money and they have only 45million shares. they also have little institutional support.  if this comes , it will push up the share price.  i read today where the ceo of newmont said gold supply will drop by 7% in 2021 .  which is why i believe explorers that have feasible reserves in good jurisdictions will be taken out.  i have a fairly short list. which i am focusing on.  the fact of the matter is this , majors have used their high grade during the 11-15 gold decline. and need to replenish their inventories. their higher share prices will allow them to do this.  its going to take some time. , but i believe the highest  % gains will come from the mining sector. it takes some digging(research) but of the hundreds of companies there are some w/real reserves.  gold down 4 days in a row.   expecting big volatility w/the vote one way or the other,  hoping to pick something up on the cheap

dharma

jim rogers I do not trade very much and that is why brokerage firms do not like me. I am not very active, I do not buy and sell often as I may hold positions for years.

Edited by dharma, 22 June 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#28 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

my understanding is this vote is advisory. it will have to be more extreme for the brits to actually do something . cameron is for staying. 

gold is quiet  the gld had a build yesterday to 915tonnes.    which is bullish.  will this even be nothing ?

dharma

#29 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

"this is why r rule said to riefel nickels look like man hole covers.  he doesnt spend money.  this companys price is very cheap.  it will be taken out imo

http://business.fina...s-gold-project"

dharma

I agree it will be taken out, however, it maybe a year or more from now.  Difficult to make any prediction as, IMO, the price of gold will determine that. Meanwhile the price continues to climb.  smile.png

"my understanding is this vote is advisory. it will have to be more extreme for the brits to actually do something . cameron is for staying. 

gold is quiet  the gld had a build yesterday to 915tonnes.    which is bullish.  will this even be nothing ?"

dharma

That's as I see it too, simply an advisory.  I am not even sure the powers that be would allow an exit at some point in the future as that could spell the beginning of the end for the Eurozone.  Brussels would end up with high unemployment! swoon.gif  Meanwhile I remain bullish. 

Peace
johngeorge

#30 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

i am in show me mode. i am positioned. and will either cut back or hold.  the big factor that no one is talking about is the indian monsoon is progressing. https://gracelandupd...16jun23mon1.pngand this is a major factor for gold in august/sept.   

and there is diwali buying. 

dont forget this is the seasonally weak time to year

dharma