• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#131 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,900 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:05 PM

Sounds right

would be a great high confidence buy "if" it happened that way, probably too good to be true

PureBS

Senor

#132 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

the trading graveyards are full of bottom and top pickers. if it was easy everyone would be wealthy. its not. i am looking
at mid novemberish for the low, and i have guidelines. as usual senors analysis is well thought out.
before wave 3 can kick off we need to have another washout. gdx has been flirting w/its 200dma today it is below it.
its a marker that other analysts watch, its not magic, but it has eyes on it. i dont it matters which candidate wins.
for gold. we are coming into a stagflation period. watching those bonds. hadik has said 17 will be a tough year for bonds
lots of issues are looking very attractive.
dharma
http://www.scrapregi...e-higher-output

Edited by dharma, 28 October 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#133 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:33 PM

In his public stuff Larry Edelson says a weekly close above 1275 confirms the upmove has started.

May be today.

#134 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

if one looks at the 87 crash , 50 yrs prior , 37, after a strong advance from 32 lows the market advanced 5 yrs, setting up
the 37 crash. 37 crash began in august so did the 87 crash, i shorted the 87 crash after the rally in august , which set up
lower highs. gann thought yrs of 7 were bearish. 17 on deck!
now using the 40 yr cycle gold bottomed in 76 after being cut in 1/2 the largest recession since the great depression at that
time. so , i think we are on precipice of a decline in the broad market again, the top has been forming for a couple of years now
my questions are what happens to the dollar????? in the past, when there was contraction folks ran to the buck. and that is where
armstrong and his clone edelson sit. i wonder will that be the case again. or w/the gargantuan debt piled up in the dollar cause
folks to sell. china and saudi arabia are in that camp. they have been big sellers of us debt.
in past declines:87,01,08-09 in the broad market everything got sold!!! the miners got trounced in each of those declines , which
ultimately led to strong rallies in 01 and 08-09. will it be different this time?????/ i suspect not. folks play on margin and are
forced to liquidate positions. what i do see is successful prominent fund managers taking significant positions in gold/miners
so they will support their positions. but after the pullback. which i see going into the 1180ish area. yes, i am very very bullish
but declines are part of the process.
keeps some powder dry their will be bargains
dharma

Edited by dharma, 29 October 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#135 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

patience is the key here, nothing new to say. watching the may 25th lows.
dharma
http://blogs.barrons...-turning-point/