• 1,660 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

keep in mind this chart isnt always right on. but it is a good guide
http://seasonalchart...ssics_gold.html
diwali
next is chinese new years buying
dharma
starting to feel like i am talking to myself

dharma - always keep an eye on your posts - very much appreciate you experience and insight and especially your trading moves - I believe c of b of 2 finished yesterday - now in c of 2 - which should be a 5 Wave decline - yesterdays reversal Wave 1 - today in Wave 2 - Wave 3 on deck (tomorrow or Monday), then 4 and 5 to finish c of 2 - target is 170-190 HUI and 67-76 XAU, FWIW.  I will buy the end of Wave 3 if it is violent enough - watching and waiting for now.

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:24 PM

Somehow I see 1420 or so on this run and then a strong pull back but I'm wrong more often then I'm right

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

Why will you by the end of Wave 3

keep in mind this chart isnt always right on. but it is a good guide
http://seasonalchart...ssics_gold.html
diwali
next is chinese new years buying
dharma
starting to feel like i am talking to myself

dharma - always keep an eye on your posts - very much appreciate you experience and insight and especially your trading moves - I believe c of b of 2 finished yesterday - now in c of 2 - which should be a 5 Wave decline - yesterdays reversal Wave 1 - today in Wave 2 - Wave 3 on deck (tomorrow or Monday), then 4 and 5 to finish c of 2 - target is 170-190 HUI and 67-76 XAU, FWIW.  I will buy the end of Wave 3 if it is violent enough - watching and waiting for now.

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

thanks everyone for their insights and sharing this is a forum
stu, i have always appreciated your expertise.
https://gracelandupd.../2016nov4i1.pngfrankly, i am looking for the present
time to be a re-do of the 70s=stagflation. the burden of the debt will be the deflationary drag and as this mornings job
report brings out wages are going up the fastest since 09.
i expect the next 2 weeks to be weak for the metal creating the bottom of this wave around the 16th. this is what i look for, but
i buy when the oscillators are oversold and diverging. i have used the wilder rsi and after experimenting i find the 9bar to be
fast enough to catch those occurrences and slow enough to avoid whip saws most of the time
i firmly believe that the world economic system will be in for some great shocks. within the next year i will keep my mining interests
solely in north america. in the last bull most of the miners were in south africa. it was one problem after the other. its difficult
enough to get the trend right, get positioned and then find out the mine floods , the miners go on strike, and then throw in
political turmoil and your money is a nightmare. the next couple of years the miners will be a top investment one has to keep
mistakes to a minimum enhancing the bottom line. poor trading is made up by the genius of a bull market. ngd as that yahoo
piece i posted has caught my eye. not investment advice but an observation. we are rapidly approaching wave 3 which will be
impressive, but i think the biggest gains will be wave 5 . all speculation on my part .
dharma

Edited by dharma, 04 November 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#15 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

Dharma, count me too as appreciative of your posts.

I'm most curious as I track cycles - can you share why the 16th?

#16 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

thanks everyone for their insights and sharing this is a forum
stu, i have always appreciated your expertise.
https://gracelandupd.../2016nov4i1.pngfrankly, i am looking for the present
time to be a re-do of the 70s=stagflation. the burden of the debt will be the deflationary drag and as this mornings job
report brings out wages are going up the fastest since 09.
i expect the next 2 weeks to be weak for the metal creating the bottom of this wave around the 16th. this is what i look for, but
i buy when the oscillators are oversold and diverging. i have used the wilder rsi and after experimenting i find the 9bar to be
fast enough to catch those occurrences and slow enough to avoid whip saws most of the time
i firmly believe that the world economic system will be in for some great shocks. within the next year i will keep my mining interests
solely in north america. in the last bull most of the miners were in south africa. it was one problem after the other. its difficult
enough to get the trend right, get positioned and then find out the mine floods , the miners go on strike, and then throw in
political turmoil and your money is a nightmare. the next couple of years the miners will be a top investment one has to keep
mistakes to a minimum enhancing the bottom line. poor trading is made up by the genius of a bull market. ngd as that yahoo
piece i posted has caught my eye. not investment advice but an observation. we are rapidly approaching wave 3 which will be
impressive, but i think the biggest gains will be wave 5 . all speculation on my part .
dharma

just looked again at NGD , had forgotten to follow it.looks like a good one. looks to be setting up an inverted H+S with a $10.00 target.volume pattern is especially good. neckline is a bit slanted , but within my tolerance.

i miss getting some free info from E.Hadic,he was talking about a yearend rally some time ago , which would make sense in this timeframe.well TWT and GLTA. zorro.gif

#17 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, Eric Hadik in his free info I last saw he was calling for a low in gold sometime in the next 2 weeks -  Mon 7th to Fri 18th.

I think he's been standing by that window for a number of months, correct me if I'm mistaken.

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

smithy, you are correct, in your reference to hadik
i am looking in that window for the low to occur.
the commercial short position rose as of last tuesday, and my guess it continued to rise along w/the price of gold
w/ the so called smart money that short its not a place for a bottom. i suspect that today sees the commercials
covering some shorts. this is a huge election the establishment vs an outsider, who is painted as dangerous
i am sitting w/dry powder waiting . we will get a buy signal , its very rare that the market goes from overbought
on the 14 stochs and then races to the stratosphere. be patient. i am reminding myself here. there are several good
companies which will be in the gutter. when its sell time it all gets sold . its having the ability to separate the
really good prospects from the pretenders. its a time to investigate, if that junior you are looking at has cash, or
will they have to go to the market , diluting their shares and your money. use the time to investigate. watching a
company dilute your shares is getting a good swift kick in the butt
dharma

#19 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

How to count an impulse up off oct Gdx lows?
I see too many overlaps

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

i think fwiw, if trump were to win it would be like brexit, a huge surprise. that day gold soared a 100
dharma