Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

How about EDV?

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

dougie

GSV is one of my favorites.  From my FWIW department I do think it is being looked at as a takeover or a merger. 

I owned EDV  in the past.  With interest rates moving higher it will continue to lose value. 

Peace
johngeorge

#4 jshaef1

jshaef1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Certainly, if you look at the charts of EDV and gold stocks in general for the last couple of years, it is hard to tell them apart.

So what will be the decoupling catalyst, if there is one?

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

gsv 

rounding off

gg took a 10% stake in the company

oceana gold took a 20% in the company

their pea drill results have been impressive they are expanding their area of drilling to see how large the strike is 

their mine is in nevada

as a general statement from 12-16 majors used the high grade portion of their reserves they have used up a good portion of these high grade

now they will be in the market to buy miners which is less costly than starting a new venture.  on the next run there will be alot of takeovers. and 

this is obviously a candidate.   that is why the 2 companies mentioned above have a stake

chpgf is another candidate , my friend has been w/riefel before on another venture that was taken out.  he has been buying up property around el paso which was the sight on another gold mine , back when. he is having no competition buying up parcels  for exploration.  my guess is chpgf also gets taken out . metates is one of the largest strikes in the world . the size of the find is enormous for todays world.   stay tuned. 

i try to specialize in this area. i have a stable of several of these type of holdings.  the key is to do a good amount of research . and to make sure the management team is not going to spend alot of money just to do a pea prefeasibility study , drill holes , but not spend money developing the mine, if /when this happens in most cases the stock will need to be devalued as the company comes to market , hat in hand looking for financing

this is the mistake most make. the management has to be committed to drill and not develop so they can show what they have to majors geology 

teams. developing a mine is best left to majors who have resources.  of course not all will be taken over , but in the next frenzy quite a few will be

dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 March 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,614 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

brent cook

http://www.commodity..._2017/?v=297381

dharma

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Thanks all

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

one more; TK.v

What is up with that volume?

#9 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

Osisko is another one that obviously has someones interest...

#10 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Osisko is another one that obviously has someones interest...

Yes, I think so.  OBNNF a large holding of mine.  Seems like day after day it pushes up a bit higher. 

Peace
johngeorge