18 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

i am not a fan , but i know alot of people follow him:

From Armstrong Economics:

India is moving now to confiscate gold after going after the cash. Currently, each married woman is entitled to 500 grams, each unmarried woman 250 grams, and each man 100 grams of gold.Everything that goes beyond is classified as illegal possession and thus will be confiscated. There is no restriction on the possession of the jewelry only if the jewelry was purchased by inheritance. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is giving more power to tax authorities rather than dealing with corruption. They will be shaking people down for money. Unlike FDR who confiscated gold from the banks, Modi is allowing the tax people to go door to door.

This is the problem I have been warning about with gold. It is losing it safe haven status for it is getting to the point you cannot travel with it, keep it in a safe deposit box, or show gold with jewelry. In Italy, if it looks like you have excessive jewelry, they pull you over and weigh it at the border.

This is all part of the Hunt for Taxes. India is setting the tone. The danger will be if others follow. Trump would stand in the way of such policies in the United States. But in Europe, we may see the same policies take effect to different degrees. All they need do is claim that terrorists are using gold to fund their operations.
Everything is still on target for the move under $1,000 into next year.

dharma

#2 EHW

EHW

• Traders-Talk User
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

This was last posted on December 9, 2016, since then, Armstrong has said that the time is likely running out for gold to go below 1000.

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

When COT Gets near zero again that will be the final low

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

This was last posted on December 9, 2016, since then, Armstrong has said that the time is likely running out for gold to go below 1000.

He has changed his mind again recently and still thinks a slingshot down below 1000 may happen before gold takes off.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

As posted by Tradesurfer,  today's monthly and quarterly closing needs to close above 1347 to generate a buy signal...

Armstrong: 3/28/2017

There is nothing close to provide any sort of a buy signal in gold on a more profound basis. Gold would have to exceed the 1340 area to be impressive. Technical resistance for this week stands at 1269. We did elect a Quarterly Bearish Reversal from the 2016 high. The next one is at 1140 level, so that is not close either. We would need a Quarterly closing above 1347 to generate a buy signal on Friday. So nothing has changed. We still cannot rule out a slingshot where we dip just below the $1,000 level and then swing dramatically higher. We need that propulsion to be impressive for the future, otherwise the rally may not be as impressive as one would hope.

We have a Daily Bullish at 1276. The February high was 1264.50. Therefore, a 3 month reaction from the December low would be March. Therefore, we can still make a new high above February this week, but watch the 1276 area followed by 1292 and the 1338.

The 2017 Gold Report will be available shortly after the close on this week.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 EHW

EHW

• Traders-Talk User
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

Thanks Russ for reposting it. 

#7 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

well when he was saying that stuff my cycles were more positive as local lows in the weekly basis.

now there are bad daily cycles lined up for a low, they are longer term of 400 days +/- but in weekly basis

they don't even register so I think it is nothing and these go away with the next turn up.  Maybe these go away with what I think will be

a week or two up then a short sharp drop that reverses within one week.

What I am doing different now is building up silver at 3x leverage at Monex. When metals are getting out of hand in 4-5 years and the whole world is falling apart

monetarily could be a time to think about confiscation and the depositories could be the first place they look at some point it would need to be

sold and long as it is used for a productive form of property not paper. So I do need to update monthly $gold cycles haven't looked at it in a while it was weaker

and my perceived strength comes from the weekly for now.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

He has changed his mind again recently and still thinks a slingshot down below 1000 may happen before gold takes off.

so basically he's guessing and unsure like most everyone else

Senor

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

so basically he's guessing and unsure like most everyone else

Senor

its  a skill set. use alot of words , use specific #s to cover both sides of the fence.   then proclaim yourself correct no matter what the outcome

dharma

#10 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

and that is why i have no guru. most know less than you yourself know  imo 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal