follow up cool video on helical model

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#13 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

One of my greatest disappointments with our education system is that the ability to think critically is not taught.

Maybe on purpose. Dogma, group-think and conventional wisdom are just easier, as thinking is not needed.

Thus the masses can be controlled.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 May 2017 - 08:30 AM.

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

One of my greatest disappointments with our education system is that the ability to think critically is not taught.

Maybe on purpose.

Nothing "maybe" about it...this is why the Department of Education must be eliminated - its agenda is clear.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 25 May 2017 - 08:38 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

today, if you dont tow the preferred scientific line, you dont get funded.!!!

provacative thread

real science indicates a maunder minimum cycle is approaching in 2020.  food prices which are relatively affordable are going to get alot more expensive

during these cycles population becomes less. 

https://www.amazon.c...y/dp/1426967918

https://wattsupwitht...ion-discovered/

dharma

#16 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

I was playing golf the other day with a buddy who is generally a climate change denier and he conceded that even if it is happening, "there is nothing we can do about it." I replied: "We ought to at least try, otherwise the grand kids are going to fry."  The blood actually seemed to drain from his face as if that was the first time that ever dawned on him.  I guess he cares about his grandchildren.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#17 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

Maybe on purpose.

Nothing "maybe" about it...this is why the Department of Education must be eliminated - its agenda is clear.

Fib

It didn't take a lot but it was, no doubt, critical thinking that led to the realization all this burning of fossil fuels might be doing more to the environment than Exxon was letting on.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#18 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Maybe on purpose.

Fib

It didn't take a lot but it was, no doubt, critical thinking that led to the realization all this burning of fossil fuels might be doing more to the environment than Exxon was letting on.

If the planet is complex enough to clean up the mess of exploding volcanoes, it can certainly clean up localized pollutants.

If that wasn't the case, then the air pollution in Chinese and Indian cities would cover the planet like a blanket, no less, beaches on the west coast would have radioactive fallout from the Japanese quake.

It's all political hype by people who don't care about you and take advantage of your fears...where their only objective is to control your life from cradle to grave because you don't know any better.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#19 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Maybe on purpose.

Fib

If the planet is complex enough to clean up the mess of exploding volcanoes, it can certainly clean up localized pollutants.

If that wasn't the case, then the air pollution in Chinese and Indian cities would cover the planet like a blanket, no less, beaches on the west coast would have radioactive fallout from the Japanese quake.

It's all political hype by people who don't care about you and take advantage of your fears...where their only objective is to control your life from cradle to grave because you don't know any better.

Fib

wake up! starting to appreciate you fib

dharma

#20 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." AE

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Humans use about 15 percent of there brain functions... that leaves 85 percent for improvement... we are closer to the chimp than the godhead.