IS DOW FINALLY DONE? Transports may be

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

saying yes as IMO they now have 5 daily waves down from mid July high, overall market advance has been getting narrower and narrower, this pig may be just about cooked. we see

BSing away

Senor

#2 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

I can see a 5 wave advance off the LT lows complete and fibonextensions are near perfect off same lows re Spx

#3 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

img2_170728_164434.png

#4 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

I can see a 5 wave advance off the LT lows complete and fibonextensions are near perfect off same lows re Spx

si, "could be close" but top picking the stock market has been an exercise in futility for months and even years now. However, this Transport action is the first "possible" important crack I have seen in a while. Note I am not shorting, just making an opinion

Senor

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

armstrong says dow 40 k is coming. I don't know when Armstrong thinks the dow will hit 40k or so, but I think his next major pi cycle date in 2020 would be likely. I have done some work on my oscillator showing a likely peak then. armstrong expects the whole monetary system to crash and burn eventually, no later than 2032.95 , then the breakup of the Usa will unfold with europe already gone.

Dow%2BIndustrials%2BHuge%2BLow%2Baround%second chart is Armstrong's and was created in 1979!  It predicted the 2009 would be the start of the phase transition, so he seems to have predicted the banking crisis of 2008-2009. 2017 is showing up on his chart as a peak but I don't think the dow can go up to 40k in 5 months, his chart shows a sovereign debt default cycle.

SovDebtCycle-86-R.jpg

Edited by Russ, 06 August 2017 - 05:57 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Armstrong on the Dow... "We are by no means overbought and we are a VERY VERY VERY VERY long way away still – no matter how nuts that seems to many. We are well below the 1929 highs still."

US-Share-Market-Overvaluation-Index-July

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Armstrong on the Dow... "We are by no means overbought and we are a VERY VERY VERY VERY long way away still – no matter how nuts that seems to many. We are well below the 1929 highs still."

Not overbought? I guess we all have our definitions for that

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 07 August 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:57 PM

Not overbought? I guess we all have our definitions for that

Senor

You would have to know what metrics Armstrong has put into his indicator, I am not sure about that, but his first two targets from many years ago have almost been met... 23,000 dow being the second one, I don't recall the first target that was met.  He has stated based on the VIX that there could be a pullback or panic but  ultimately his models are calling for the 40k area before stuff really hits the fan. As he said long ago, we are going to live history which is ultimately going to be the implosion of western civilization and the biggest depression in hundreds of years, but for now he and Wolanchuk are in agreement it is going much higher over the coming years.

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

I am seeing a low for the dow in mid Oct this year which is interesting because the gold stock indices are showing a high then, it is all connected.