• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#11 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

Thanks dharma!

We are in a Wave 3 of C today, IMHO - so I am in accumulation mode - most (but not all) of the price damage has been done - the balance of this corrective (Waves 4 and 5 of C) will do more psychological damage to the bull case for the proper set-up to move higher.

In and around the 21st sounds about right to me - note the BOJ meets after the FED and before the open on Thursday the 21st, FWIW

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Thanks dharma!

We are in a Wave 3 of C today, IMHO - so I am in accumulation mode - most (but not all) of the price damage has been done - the balance of this corrective (Waves 4 and 5 of C) will do more psychological damage to the bull case for the proper set-up to move higher.

In and around the 21st sounds about right to me - note the BOJ meets after the FED and before the open on Thursday the 21st, FWIW

so, to make sure i am tracking w/you stu baby-you view the upmove as a C wave  not an impulse wave 3 ?is that correct

thanks

dharma

#13 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Thanks dharma!

so, to make sure i am tracking w/you stu baby-you view the upmove as a C wave  not an impulse wave 3 ?is that correct

thanks

dharma

no dharma - too early to make that call - I am saying we are in Wave C down of a corrective off of the 9-7 high and within that Wave C wave 3

Edited by stubaby, 18 September 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Thanks dharma!

thanks

dharma

no dharma - too early to make that call - I am saying we are in Wave C down of a corrective off of the 9-7 high and within that Wave C wave 3

thanks gotcha

dharma

#15 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

i started in this biz in 78 .  in 81 i had the idea to buy bonds. my dads neighbor was a muni bond dealer. i called him up , he was out of inventory. bells and whistles did not go off in my brain . i let it slide and bonds embarked on a 36 yr bull.  for this point in time we are at a point where i believe the gold bull is about to assert itself.  yes, this correction is not over and the commercials may be able to press this thing down into the 1260-1280 range.   however , i think the upside potential is multiples of that correction, longer term.  the monsoons in india have been spotty -ie drought in some places, other places flooding . indian dealers after a 150rally moved to the sidelines and the commercials filled the void.  the market is presenting us w/another buying opportunity  how low the correction goes depends on what comes out of yellens mouth.   more deflation will weigh on gold more tightening will give gold a boost.   i am now putting on my buy hat.  

dharma

#16 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Anyone got a DSI for gold or SPX?

Bonus points if you can describe how it's calculated.

#17 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

If Tooearly to make that call, when might you consider the alt hypothesis dharma mentioned??

Thanks dharma!

thanks
dharma

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

we are either there or a day or 2 away from the bottom.  1260-1270 is unthinkable , but that is why i am posting it. yesterday and the day before were done , but gold holdings at gld increased = speculators borrowing money from the banksters and buying gold not a bullish sign.  i believe we are close , but not there.  

it looks like the monsoon in india is extending, mumbai got hit this years monsoon was uneven, w/some place getting too much some too little and some the right amount

china has cracked down hard on bit coin blockchain technology. it will become a trend for govts. claiming  it is a haven  for illegal activity. it is said that n/korea is using it to buy arms

be careful  this came out yesterday over 5million shares traded +30% on the day https://www.streetwi...om/pub/na/17709

dharma

#19 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,901 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

gold is either ending 5 of c of an abc down near this key 1300 area or its at least a good bit more near term bearish. Just got back from Europe at midnight and am very jet lagged so take me for a grain of salt, very, very lightly long - about 5% and with a fairly tight stop -critical juncture here IMO

BSing away

Senor

#20 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Welcome back to a bloodbath, Senor.

Dharma, nice observation about GLD, we'll see how inventory holds up with this drop.