• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#51 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

Here's the paypie news, I have 3000 of them. 4000 ppt did the job, I hope this is enough.

I usually start small will add some if it pulls back.

It was a webbot item.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#52 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

ppt bid ask volume rebalanced maybe what I thought they got runover,

with all the history of these cryptos and what they can do why sell for  $10 when it may be

$1000 by Aug. I guess they keep doing that and I keep holding.

#53 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:57 AM

AChartist,

It looks to me like Metamask has no option for deposits, only buy with credit card through coinbase or send out to another address.

If I use the etherdelta smart contract, then I have the option of deposit from some external personal wallet, coinbase wallet? Say I use the smart contract and make a purchase, will metamask automatically pick up on the trade and store the coins in metamask or will they stay in my etherdelta account ? If I withdraw to a personal wallet from etherdelta account then my private key when I type in could be compromised by hackers whereas with metamask that won't happen. I know all this is easy once you get used to it but I really think the system has too many steps and vulnerabilities, I think a regular exchange is better. I just don't want to use a credit card to deposit money into metamask, I want to use metamask for the trade but want to just transfer already purchased ether from coinbase address.

Edited by CLK, 21 November 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#54 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

If the software update ruined HitBTC they should just delete the update and go back to the original, the update must have some bad code.

Either that or they don't have enough server space to keep up with the new accounts and volume, or they got hacked. Good software just doesn't stop running right for no reason. Fortunately I have about 2k in my trading account but I can't access anything in the main account. 

Looks like the best policy is to keep it all on the live exchange.

Edited by CLK, 21 November 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#55 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

Hard for me to explain it all there should be etherdelta utubes that are also showing the related steps with metamask.

So when metamask window is open, there three dots toward top right, is view on etherscan, export private key - you want to

do this for sure is to copy and paste the private key somewhere safe also copy the account address,

and is the, copy account address to clipboard. Once address copied, can send ether to this from another account, can 

also send ERC 20 tokens but be sure it is an erc20 by using this reference https://etherscan.io/tokens.

Some things are just coins and are not etherium tokens.

In metamask is an add tokens tap, you have to do this, to display the tokens that you have in metamask wallet account.

In ethedelta when something is showing in wallet column this what is in metamask it is not in ED. Depositing in ED is moving

from the wallet column to the ED exchange. Always leave a little ether like .01 in the wallet this is to pay gas to move things around and trade.

Since all this seem awkward really need to watch some utube practice moving just small amounts.

AChartist,

It looks to me like Metamask has no option for deposits, only buy with credit card through coinbase or send out to another address.

If I use the etherdelta smart contract, then I have the option of deposit from some external personal wallet, coinbase wallet? Say I use the smart contract and make a purchase, will metamask automatically pick up on the trade and store the coins in metamask or will they stay in my etherdelta account ? If I withdraw to a personal wallet from etherdelta account then my private key when I type in could be compromised by hackers whereas with metamask that won't happen. I know all this is easy once you get used to it but I really think the system has too many steps and vulnerabilities, I think a regular exchange is better. I just don't want to use a credit card to deposit money into metamask, I want to use metamask for the trade but want to just transfer already purchased ether from coinbase address.

#56 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Yeah, I ran out of gas to move stuff around. I tried adding PPP address to Metamask but it didn't take. 

Purchased PPP and it is stuck in left upper part of Etherdelta. I need to move to Metamask maybe it's already there 

but showing zero. I didn't copy and save account or key.

#57 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

etherdelta tutorial

#58 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Yeah, I ran out of gas to move stuff around. I tried adding PPP address to Metamask but it didn't take. 

Purchased PPP and it is stuck in left upper part of Etherdelta. I need to move to Metamask maybe it's already there 

but showing zero. I didn't copy and save account or key.

when have ppp in the etherdelta exchange under etherdelta column, make sure the metamask is open and you have account and private key saved.

If you cannot recover metamask account and private key create a new one. In etherdelta do a withdraw, this moves it into the metamask wallet.

From metamask, click the three dots, can view account on etherscan to see transactions complete and a token transfers tab.

In metamask click add token, add the contract, symbol, decimals below.

This info on PPP came from looking up on here https://etherscan.io/tokens

From etherdelta, what is under the wallet column, can also be moved to a myetherwallet.com account with the transfer function.

So deposit is moving from metamask into etherdelta exchange for trading

withdraw is from ED exchange to metamask

transfer is from metamask to something else like myetherwallet.com. Once transfer did not work for me and I had to use send from

inside the metamask window, not sure if that is the way it always is for now on or a fluke that time.

Token Contract TokenName Symbol Decimals Official Site
Contract: 0xc42209aCcC14029c1012fB5680D95fBd6036E2a0

Symbol: PPP

decimals:18

https://www.paypie.com/

#59 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

he is saying some stuff wrong, can click on the red asks and change amounts to a partial buy order.

can click on a green buy and change amounts to a partial sell order.

Can place orders under the new order header how you want price and quantities.

he is also doing something different creating an account in etherdelta instead of using metamask,

I havent done this way. I will find another tutorial including metamask but this way will work too.

and he is showing another way to import account in etherdelta, to link myetherwallet to etherdelta.

I never did that way either, I used metamask.

Edited by AChartist, 21 November 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#60 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

heres some metamask tutorials not sure how good they are

its how I do it for whatever reason its how I started.