bottoming action for the start of a big rally

• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#411 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

hadik yesterday gold, Silver & XAU Poised for Quick Spike Low.
so far i am not moved to do anything. however , the divergence w/miners making new lows and gold not is worth taking note.
i believe the stock market is setting up for a correction. in my experience gold will not be able to withstand that, if it were to
occur. although miners listed in the usa are cheap say compared to australian miners. w/little to no regulation they will even get
cheaper. its a good idea to have cash as i think the bargains may have another discount. hadiks 66-59 #XAU has been hit. so we see
watching as i believe these will be historic buying opportunity. many markets appear to be ripe for reversal
this and the bus fare will get you on the bus
dharma

#412 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Thanks Dharma. Any sign of Senor?

#413 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:15 PM

Advance decline internals of gdx and also new highs new lows is diverging strongly, the fish are changing direction. I am showing a high around 1230  for Gold coming around Sept 19 and it's good to see that Hadik is showing at least a temporary bottom now, after Sept 19 things can get bad again, but there should be a good buying opportunity maybe in Oct. as Armstrong has talked about more trouble for emerging markets due then.... While I am not perfect with this method, it did predict the low in mid August on the GLD chart...

Edited by Russ, 05 September 2018 - 11:18 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#414 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

might this be among the reasons the commercials are long http://www.kitco.com...-drop-GFMS.html
the market has a bearish feel. i believe we finished 3of C and are in 4 here. 5 down to come. miners make new lows gold does not follow
1226 on hadiks monthly charts is the # that changes that chart. the emerging markets are about to get contagion, turkey , venezuala, and indonesia
are not the only ones who borrowed in dollars. sept 26 the fed is scheduled to raise rates again. this will exacerbate problems
dharma

#415 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

Cdlanely input

GDX update. So we have our next low... which could be wave (iii) low.  Ideally would have 1 more bounce and OML to finish this larger wave 3 down on the chart.  But we're getting close enough to it that I wouldn't want to aggressively short this anymore.  Truncation risk getting more real.

Also, on the chart you will see that bottom labelled as wave 3.... which implies GDX is NOT done going down, but a large wave 4 bounce will be due.  It could be large enough of a bounce to take multiple weeks.  HOWEVER, there is now realistic potential for GDX to put in a lasting (final) bottom as a WXY where that wave 3 label is..... rather than needing another 4-5 to complete a C wave down.

GDXPrimaryAnalysisSep070655AM15min.png

#416 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

gold-and-us-dollar-creating-head-and-sho

#417 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

yes, agree jabat, it seems juxtapositions in many markets. gold holding its low while the miners continue to probe and make new lows.
russia ischanging its stance towards gold and india has noticed  https://www.scrapmon...-russia/1/67944

dollar demonetization is a process.  the strong dollar has caused big problems in emerging markets. marty has talked about that, and now it is coming to fruition.

dollar is topping and gold is bottoming . i am looking for a crash in the stock market in sept/oct. hadik has talked about a 31 yr cycle while i dont see alot of proof to substantiate that  i do see it here and now in sept/oct. i shorted tsla on the blab to take it private. up 100+ it is way oversold but i am going to wait

no country has ever won a trade war, we have a president that believes he can win. meanwhile the consumer loses worldwide and governments collect tariffs. everyone loses. 

we are not there yet

dharma 

#418 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

This isn't the "V" bottom many were looking for, too much back fill now, I think new lows are next.

#419 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

This isn't the "V" bottom many were looking for, too much back fill now, I think new lows are next.

we havent bottomed yet.  Vbottoms occur after the market has bottomed. its the nature of the gold market to make V bottoms. doesnt have to happen that way

lets see what we have after the low is in 

dharma

#420 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

cots

http://news.goldseek.../1536348350.php

the bait large specs are net short gold and silver this week they increased their short positions

while the sharks the commercials are net long gold and silver and the commercials increased their long positions

you have to go back to 2001 to find this situation its quite bullish

the commercials are also lopsided short the dollar, they have been taking on water in this position. but they

continue to hold and modestly increase their short dollar position

they have not closed the trap yet. the large specs will cover all the way up

we are approaching diwali festival. indians traditionally buy gold in this festival season.

the trap is there it has not been sprung yet . 

dharma