• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#451 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:02 AM

Platinum appears to be breaking out... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#452 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

Silver breaking out... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#453 jshaef1

jshaef1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:00 AM

I don't know what is going to happen with silver, platinum or gold--but there are some clues.  It has been a while since the Chairman here sold a block of his stock--he has a good record of selling near the top and buying near the bottom.  The stock today is still more than he sold it for last time--even after a big decline--so in my mind it is still well overpriced.  I take it as a warning for all the metals.

http://www.j3sg.com/...co&Submit232=GO

#454 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

coming up on solstice , options expiration 25, and the fed 26 

will the 1st way after the announcement be the wrong way! ???

nice charts russ/ 

dharma

#455 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

nice charts russ/ 

dharma

Thanks Dharma,  I am in agreement that with Eric Hadik and Stubaby that a final low will most likely show up in late Oct or early Nov. for the gold stocks and gold, it may just be a test of the Jan 2016 low as Eric suggested.  There are several charts pointing to the early Nov. time frame and if you look at GDXJ you can see there is a big gap from Jan 2016 that may close then.  

#456 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

nice charts russ/ 

dharma

Thanks Dharma,  I am in agreement that with Eric Hadik and Stubaby that a final low will most likely show up in late Oct or early Nov. for the gold stocks and gold, it may just be a test of the Jan 2016 low as Eric suggested.  There are several charts pointing to the early Nov. time frame and if you look at GDXJ you can see there is a big gap from Jan 2016 that may close then.  

You guys may be dead right that a final low is not yet in place, very possible. Yet so few are bullish here for more than a bounce is does make things interesting, we should know soon given the near term wave count that suggests a wave C could end soon (next 2-4 days perhaps, or we'll possibly trace out a 5-wave advance.

Senor

#457 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

Senor, This is the gld chart that predicted the low within a couple of days from the signal that was confirmed in april (although I did not notice it back then) . This chart argues the low is in but the other two which have valid trends argue more lows are coming. We will just have to look for a reversal to confirm that a new downtrend is in place... or not. 

Edited by Russ, 20 September 2018 - 11:28 PM.

#458 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

hadik is long, i dont see any mention in his letters that he is looking for a low in oct/nov. he was looking for a low in the spet /oct period. he is long.  not sure where you get your info russ, its not from inside trak  hadiks publication

the miners have been leading here.  gold has done little to nothing. platinum on the other hand has had about a 12% gain.

i am cautiously bullish here . i want to see how the markets respond to the rise in rates projected by the fed 

dharma

senor not only is every one on the board posting bearish information

the commercials are long we will see what todays cot brings

the large specs are rarely short , but they are now!!!

Edited by dharma, 21 September 2018 - 11:25 AM.

#459 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

except hadik:

09-19-18 - Precious metals’ cycles last converged in late-Jan./early-Feb. 2018 - when multi-month, multi-quarter and even multi-year cycles projected significant peaks in Gold, Silver, XAU, Copper, Platinum & Palladium.  Since then, they have often reversed at different times and swung in different rhythms.  However, they all agreed on one thing:

Multi-month, multi-quarter and even multi-year cycles would bottom in 3Q 2018.

dharma

#460 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

hadik is long, i dont see any mention in his letters that he is looking for a low in oct/nov. he was looking for a low in the spet /oct period. he is long.  not sure where you get your info russ, its not from inside trak  hadiks publication

the miners have been leading here.  gold has done little to nothing. platinum on the other hand has had about a 12% gain.

i am cautiously bullish here . i want to see how the markets respond to the rise in rates projected by the fed 

dharma

senor not only is every one on the board posting bearish information

the commercials are long we will see what todays cot brings

the large specs are rarely short , but they are now!!!

Palladium has had a HUGE rally, one reason that I think another 4/5 might noyt needed is because in many ETFs/indices I think the sharp decline below the Dec 2016 lows were thrusts out of B wave contracting triangles, but one more new low at this time remains very viable. Remains a difficult environment, but the "let fewest participate" at least to me would suggest the low could be in, we see

Senor