39 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

FICTION

FACT

In a dramatic two-hour hearing in Federal District Court here, prosecutors said that Ms. Butina, who is charged with conspiracy and illegally acting as an agent of the Russian government, was the point person in a calculated, long-term campaign intended to steer high-level politicians toward Moscow’s objectives. Though prosecutors did not name any party or politician, Ms. Butina’s efforts were clearly aimed at Republican leaders, especially those with White House aspirations in 2016, including Donald J. Trump.

She “should be considered on a par with other covert Russian agents,” prosecutors said in a memo.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Feds back away from ‘Red Sparrow’ sex claims in Maria Butina case 

Federal prosecutors have backed away from a salacious claim that Maria Butina, a Washington woman arrested for allegedly acting as a covert agent of the Russian government, had used sex to gain access to politically connected Americans.

That explosive allegation, prosecutors now say, was based on a misreading of a series of text messages between Butina and an unnamed man. Prosecutors accept that “the government’s understanding of this particular text conversation was mistaken,” according to a court filing prosecutors submitted late Friday night in Butina’s case. 

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=57708359

-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:02 PM

Feds back away from ‘Red Sparrow’ sex claims in Maria Butina case 

Federal prosecutors have backed away from a salacious claim that Maria Butina, a Washington woman arrested for allegedly acting as a covert agent of the Russian government, had used sex to gain access to politically connected Americans.

That explosive allegation, prosecutors now say, was based on a misreading of a series of text messages between Butina and an unnamed man. Prosecutors accept that “the government’s understanding of this particular text conversation was mistaken,” according to a court filing prosecutors submitted late Friday night in Butina’s case. 

https://abcnews.go.c...ory?id=57708359

And now she's guilty as another operative falls as the Russian attack on the US continues to unravel.

MARIA BUTTINA PLEADS GUILTY

Edited by diogenes227, 13 December 2018 - 01:03 PM.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Maria Buttina was the ultimate NRA cool girl

Gasp! Claims she has nothing to put in her holster.

VIDEO -

#5 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Alleged Russian Spy Marina Butina Pleads Guilty to One Count of “Conspiracy to Act as Unregistered Agent of Foreign Government” https://www.thegatew...ign-government/

John Solomon:

I’ll tell you a little story I’ve never told before. In March of 2015 I observed her at several events and really cozying up to conservatives and making what I thought was a weak-handed case that she was this courageous gun rights activist going up against Putin and there would one day be a Second Amendment in Russia. There’s never going to be a Second Amendment in Russia.

I became very perplexed by her behavior and her efforts of going up to presidential candidates and congressional candidates. So I started to do some reporting and I called FBI and US intelligence sources and very quickly I learned, “Yeah, we know that she’s somebody here as an agent of influence. She’s connected to this guy Tortian(sp?) and we know what she’s trying to do.”

And I thought, that’s really interesting. Are they going to tell the people she’s meeting with and it doesn’t appear they ever did. I thought the role of FBI counter-intelligence was to prevent contacts from occurring that are not in the interest of the United States. It sounds like they sat around and watched this for three or four years until it was convenient to create a headline.

The Deep State FBI knew that she was connected to a Russian operative but did not warn NRA or conservative officials about her intent while she was operating in the US.

It appears Butina was arrested only after NRA and conservative leaders would not deal with her.
The deep state was hoping for a few conservative scalps.  

This is another dud by the Deep State FBI.  

Seeing a lot of people pushing out the narrative that Butina "admitted" to being a Russian spy. First, that's ridiculous, given she did not at all operate in the shadows. Second, Butina took a deal after being locked up in solitary confinement for months

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#6 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Maria Butina met with Obama Treasury officials in 2015     https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/a-set-up-russian-spy-butina-was-meeting-with-obama-treasury-while-spying-on-nra-conservatives/ 

The meetings involved Stanley Fischer, Fed vice chairman at the time, and Nathan Sheets, then Treasury undersecretary for international affairs.

Butina travelled to the United States in April 2015 with Alexander Torshin, then the Russian Central Bank deputy governor, and they took part in separate meetings with Fischer and Sheets to discuss U.S.-Russian economic relations during Democratic former President Barack Obama’s administration.

-- -

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

Alleged Russian Spy Marina Butina Pleads Guilty to One Count of “Conspiracy to Act as Unregistered Agent of Foreign Government” https://www.thegatew...ign-government/

John Solomon:

I’ll tell you a little story I’ve never told before. In March of 2015 I observed her at several events and really cozying up to conservatives and making what I thought was a weak-handed case that she was this courageous gun rights activist going up against Putin and there would one day be a Second Amendment in Russia. There’s never going to be a Second Amendment in Russia.

I became very perplexed by her behavior and her efforts of going up to presidential candidates and congressional candidates. So I started to do some reporting and I called FBI and US intelligence sources and very quickly I learned, “Yeah, we know that she’s somebody here as an agent of influence. She’s connected to this guy Tortian(sp?) and we know what she’s trying to do.”

And I thought, that’s really interesting. Are they going to tell the people she’s meeting with and it doesn’t appear they ever did. I thought the role of FBI counter-intelligence was to prevent contacts from occurring that are not in the interest of the United States. It sounds like they sat around and watched this for three or four years until it was convenient to create a headline.

The Deep State FBI knew that she was connected to a Russian operative but did not warn NRA or conservative officials about her intent while she was operating in the US.

It appears Butina was arrested only after NRA and conservative leaders would not deal with her.
The deep state was hoping for a few conservative scalps.  

This is another dud by the Deep State FBI.  

Seeing a lot of people pushing out the narrative that Butina "admitted" to being a Russian spy. First, that's ridiculous, given she did not at all operate in the shadows. Second, Butina took a deal after being locked up in solitary confinement for months

I'm sure the FBI is investigating the NRA as a prime conduit of Russian dark money to the Trump campaign as well it should.  Where did the the NRA get the $30 million unprecedented contribution they gave to the Trump campaign? And now the organization is claiming it's going bankrupt (I doubt that, but one can hope)? 

If Butina gives prosecutors that connection, what you're calling the "deep state" (which is in reality Americans working on behalf of America) will get what you're calling "conservative scalps" as well it should. To say nothing of the further corroboration it will be to the mounting evidence of the ever more obvious collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Edited by diogenes227, 14 December 2018 - 11:06 AM.

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

I'm sure the FBI is investigating the NRA as a prime conduit of Russian dark money to the Trump campaign as well it should.  Where did the the NRA get the $30 million unprecedented contribution they gave to the Trump campaign? And now the organization is claiming it's going bankrupt (I doubt that, but one can hope)? 

If Butina gives prosecutors that connection, what you're calling the "deep state" (which is in reality Americans working on behalf of America) will get what you're calling "conservative scalps" as well it should. To say nothing of the further corroboration it will be to the mounting evidence of the ever more obvious collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

--

“What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

-- -

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

--

“What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

Thanks for that quote.  So easy to turn around and reflect reality - "What can be asserted with evidence can not be dismissed."

And the evidence and convictions are mounting up:

All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation so far

And yes I have read and can confirm the NRA is being investigated for its possible role in the Trump/Russia collusion campaign (the $30 million given out of the blue may be even be money laundering). And we have only begun to get the stories about bribes given to the Trump inaugural for access to the administration:

Lobbyist Sam Patten Pleads Guilty to Steering Foreign Funds to Trump Inaugural

To sum up, there will be more assertions, more evidence, more indictments, more guilty pleas and more convictions. 

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

CNN Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin Worries People Are Going to Think the Media Are a ‘Bunch of Leftist Liars’ Over BuzzFeed’s Fake News      https://www.thegatew...eeds-fake-news/

CNN Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin was in despair on Friday after Special Council Robert Mueller’s office debunked a “bombshell” report from BuzzFeed that many on the left believed would take down President Donald Trump.

Toobin worried that the fake report would leave a lot of people believing that “the news media are a bunch of leftist liars.”  

BuzzFeed created quite a celebration on the left earlier in the day when they reported that President Trump had told Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Russia. In a rare move, Mueller’s office released a statement declaring that the story was not accurate.  

-- -