Near term patterns bullish?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 01:45 AM

very interesting action. seems we are near a major inflection point here.

WHITHER???

#102 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:44 AM

I see either a wave 5 of C down bigger picture like NEM's classic new low by a few cents yesterday to marginal new (29.06) bear market low from 2016 high with MASSIVE daily and weekly divergences (and very nice recovery so far) to other stocks and indices like AEM/KL/GDX/GDXJ/HUI all testing the area of their 50 day MA's after possible 5-wave rallies. This may have been a classic washout prior to a big move up, or we go a lot lower, I for now definitely favor a key low here. I am very solidly long, as always DYODD

Senor

IMO NEM may just be perhaps the best  "tell/clue" here. Look at the washout last week to a marginal new low just above 29 and tell me it does not look like a potential wave 5 of C from the 2016 high. And look at the daily and weekly divergences into that low, and now this rally already back up to the 31.30 area. No guarantees but death and taxes, and as always DYODD

"Senior"

#103 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

Key Q here is whether key gold stocks like NEM and AEM and ETF's like GDX and GDXJ will support and bottom at the area of their 50-day MA's they are now and have been testing in recent sessions. Note SILJ made a new bear market decline this morning (daily and weekly divergence so far) and "could" be ending wave 5 of C like NEM potentially did last week. Key area and action

Senor

#104 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

Senor, the HUI has a clear 3 wave rally, and the present 4 day drop doesn't jive with a 3rd wave taking off. It's worrisome.

#105 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

Senor, the HUI has a clear 3 wave rally, and the present 4 day drop doesn't jive with a 3rd wave taking off. It's worrisome.

can't argue, and while I "can" count some stuff as 5 up its not confident type stuff here. Been moving in and out, now about 40% long with an itchy trigger

Senor

#106 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

also one other thing here the time segmented volume on many stocks in this group is positive which is bullsih

the tsv has rallied strongly since the sep 11 low in this group which i see as wave 3 down we have had the wave iv 

rally and are now finishing wave v down to finally complete wave 2. the divergences are there in tsv and also 

the daily macds fwiw 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#107 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:43 AM

also one other thing here the time segmented volume on many stocks in this group is positive which is bullsih

the tsv has rallied strongly since the sep 11 low in this group which i see as wave 3 down we have had the wave iv 

rally and are now finishing wave v down to finally complete wave 2. the divergences are there in tsv and also 

the daily macds fwiw 

looks good today amigo, very solid chance we've ended this downleg and at least should get another solid tradeable rally and maybe a lot more. But in this market its always ONE day at a time even though with things like NEM and SILJ and others a new bear lows wave 5 of C's could very well be ending, we see

Senor

#108 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

the daily macds fwiw 

looks good today amigo, very solid chance we've ended this downleg and at least should get another solid tradeable rally and maybe a lot more. But in this market its always ONE day at a time even though with things like NEM and SILJ and others a new bear lows wave 5 of C's could very well be ending, we see

Senor

Andale!

#109 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:38 AM

anyone notice NSU? up from 2 to 4.5 this year???

#110 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

going out on a limb here: bottom is in more likely than not