• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

From the link:

Once again, the market, particularly the Nasdaq, is oversold in these last rapid-fire down days off the top six days ago.

It is as if it has gone down too far too fast.

So…a bounce.

ANOTHER "Turnaround Tuesday"?

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

It seemed to have turned intraday today

#3 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

What is the blue histogram?

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:51 AM

Looks like you might have to change your system to bear market rules.

#5 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

It all depends on The banks reporting earnings.   We need a sector to lead...  If it does the rest will follow.

Personally I am long XLF from 27.92 yesterday.  Looking for 29.20 this week Min.

Best

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,930 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

Watching NQ futs here early...if they get back to green, then decent chance we get at least a good pop to the upside.

NYA has had a couple of days now closing right near the big round 13K number.

If we do get the pop, the next time it comes under 13K is likely when all hell breaks loose...or if we fail to rally today, and price starts to pull away from 13K today...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,930 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

As expected, NQ went green and now leading out of the hole...

My guess is the bounce will not last terribly long, but it could be sharp and swift upside...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,930 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

NYA climbs out over 13K...MASSIVE pivot now set on NYA....below today's now the Get Outta Dodge signal....

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,930 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

Thus far, NYA resoundingly rebuked at 13K...back below 12960, and this may let go today....

#10 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

Bonds starting to get a bid.  Utilities and REITS forwarned of a bond bounce yesterday.

Maybe a stock rout triggers a massive fixed income short squeeze.