• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#461 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

3/20/20

Freebie from EWI / Prechter - they say we have started a multi year stock bear mkt.

3-20-20-EWI-DJ-count.jpg

#462 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:04 PM

Reading between the lines it would appear Precher's stock market wave count is calling for the next great depression.

Comments welcome.

#463 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

“Most of the largest gold refineries and mints in the world have closed their refining and minting operations for the next two weeks, and this suspension in production may become longer which ...will badly impact supply,” GoldCore said.

Published: March 23, 2020 at 4:57 p.m. ET

https://www.marketwa...oof2&yptr=yahoo

#464 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:29 PM

3/24/20

CME pushed to change gold delivery rules amid coronavirus lockdown

https://www.nasdaq.c...impression=true

#465 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:34 PM

is gold double topping?

#466 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

Coronavirus pandemic has delivered the fastest, deepest economic shock in history Nouriel Roubini

https://www.theguard...hock-in-history

#467 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

Re this week's COT:

1) the hedge funds net long position is at record levels. They are usually wrong.

2) silver small specs interest in being long has disappeared - only 67% net long, a low number for them.

- both fairly strong bearish signs, although they can be wrong from time to time.

#468 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:04 PM

John Maudlin

Federal Reserve and other bank regulators have relaxed some rules so lenders can be more patient with people who fall behind on their loan payments. It’s called “forbearance.” I think we all agree that’s necessary under the circumstances.

The problem is they didn’t grant forbearance to mortgage servicers, the companies who collect payments, handle tax escrows, etc. They also take risk as mortgages wind through the system from origination to the investors who actually own them. The servicer must make payments to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and especially Ginnie Mae, even if the mortgage is delinquent. Normally the risk is small. Suddenly it is not.

The problem is that the mortgage service providers are the fan belt of the economic engine. It is a $3 part (or was when I was a kid and installed them myself) but the entire engine freezes up if it breaks.

The mortgage belt has snapped and we are weeks away from the entire housing engine collapsing. This morning we learned that Treasury Secretary Mnuchin is aware of this “minor issue” and is trying to decide what to do. He needs to decide quickly

#469 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:56 PM

Seems to me this forum went from raging bullishness to raging bearishness.

Are we good or what

I posted that my SPX chart was indicating a low in early April, that signal is still there and it appeared last December, although the huge volatility has violated it somewhat but we will see if the final low will happen this coming week or possibly April 6th the following monday. Dharma of course warned that gold stocks could be sucked down in a general market sell off too. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#470 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:24 PM

Gold has split into two markets: paper gold and physical gold.

Is this a temporary response to the virus crisis, or a permanent transition to gold being perceived differently?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gold, charting, techincal analysis, gold bull market