• 2,944 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:11 AM

more reason for the Fed to hike rates

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

I agree if it shows in inflation numbers....which it is not as of yet...CPI was negative.

Remember the Fed has a duel mandate!

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 humbled

humbled

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:16 AM

I agree if it shows in inflation numbers....which it is not as of yet...CPI was negative.

Remember the Fed has a duel mandate!

Duel mandate....now THAT would be sell some newspapers.

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:32 AM

Lowest since 1969! 

The numbers are skewed, imo.  To file you have to have worked in the past year, lots of people in their 50's losing their jobs,

most have given up looking as employers have a vast pool to chose the perfect applicant from, means you have low odds in getting hired.

#6 JamesE

JamesE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Lowest since 1969! 

The numbers are skewed, imo.  To file you have to have worked in the past year, lots of people in their 50's losing their jobs,
most have given up looking as employers have a vast pool to chose the perfect applicant from, means you have low odds in getting hired.

Somewhat disagree here. I'm 52 and a retired fed, but working full time in sales. I deal with the public and can tell you assuredly, employers are always looking for dependable, drug free workers that aren't addicted to their cell phone. I have 224 accounts and trust me, I hear this from owners weekly. Today's youth are spoiled and lazy compared to my generation. One kid recently showed up for his new job, went home for lunch and stayed there. Said he couldn't get up 730am....😄😄😄

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Lowest since 1969! 

Somewhat disagree here. I'm 52 and a retired fed, but working full time in sales. I deal with the public and can tell you assuredly, employers are always looking for dependable, drug free workers that aren't addicted to their cell phone. I have 224 accounts and trust me, I hear this from owners weekly. Today's youth are spoiled and lazy compared to my generation. One kid recently showed up for his new job, went home for lunch and stayed there. Said he couldn't get up 730am....

You missed the point, it's the older workers they don't want. You're lucky to get hired over 50.

#8 JamesE

JamesE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

Lowest since 1969! 

Somewhat disagree here. I'm 52 and a retired fed, but working full time in sales. I deal with the public and can tell you assuredly, employers are always looking for dependable, drug free workers that aren't addicted to their cell phone. I have 224 accounts and trust me, I hear this from owners weekly. Today's youth are spoiled and lazy compared to my generation. One kid recently showed up for his new job, went home for lunch and stayed there. Said he couldn't get up 730am....

You missed the point, it's the older workers they don't want. You're lucky to get hired over 50.

I understood you. Maybe geographical differences? Around here, healthy, energetic people get jobs.

Enjoy your posts too C, have a great weekend

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

Lowest since 1969! 

I understood you. Maybe geographical differences? Around here, healthy, energetic people get jobs.

Enjoy your posts too C, have a great weekend

Could be geographical.   Thanks, you have a great weekend too.

#10 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

There are a lot of jobs.   The direct-to-home model for retail purchases is extremely inefficient but creates a lot of jobs in courier services, trucking, warehousing, customer service, etc. to the point here's a job shortage for unskilled labor.  There's inherent geographic redundancy to deliver in 1-2 business days.  With direct-to-office purchases, they're often same day and could come down to 1 hour response times.