27 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

CARL:

DP WEEKLY WRAP: Negative Signs Still Haven't Delivered

There are some indicators that have been warning of a price top for a couple of weeks, but the market just keeps powering upward. (1) There is an OBV reverse divergence, where the OBV has exceeded its December top well ahead of price. This means that heavy volume hasn't been able to bring price along with it. (2) Price has formed a rising wedge, which we normally expect to break down. (3) The VIX hit the upper Bollinger Band at the beginning of this month, which is frequently a top signal. The fact that the market has been ignoring these negative signs is bullish, but the situation does make me nervous. Finally, the daily PMO is at its most overbought level in a year. When it tops, that should be a good short-term sell signal.

15502689447442110966019.png

#12 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

I think you mean "dominant" cycle. I don't understand how Gann angles can have significance if they can be formed with days weeks or months. That means that arbitrary multipliers of 1, 7 or 30 (on average) can be randomly chosen. Can anybody explain that aspect? Also, how would a stock split be accommodated?

#13 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Just about ready to try the short side again.

Watching Trannies here....

They were first out of the gate back on the 11th, and now they may turn and lead back down.

They have gapped down and then recovered 3 days in a row now.

If we take out today's opening move, then I think this final ramp leg is likely over, and could be fast rising wedge break.....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#14 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

Also watching A/D line this AM...if we are close to the end, Decliners should start to pickup and pass Advancers pretty soon....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#15 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone think volatility will ever return,,,,sigh.....giveup.gif

Edited by 12SPX, 19 February 2019 - 11:40 AM.

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Does anyone think volatility will ever return,,,,sigh.....giveup.gif

patience! 

in a few days be ready, it will come back with a bang! 

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Just about ready to try the short side again.

Watching Trannies here....

They were first out of the gate back on the 11th, and now they may turn and lead back down.

They have gapped down and then recovered 3 days in a row now.

If we take out today's opening move, then I think this final ramp leg is likely over, and could be fast rising wedge break.....

would like to see some "good news" from the trade negotiations, another 2% rally, then short

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

Ya thats ok just want to see some more intraday day moves.

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

Want to close all my remaining LT XLF positions on any gains in today's session

Trading XLF may be like watching paint dry or grass grow,  boring -  relatively speaking -  but I find it convenient when I can't decide on specific financial stocks. 

Looking for it to go back below 23 or 22 to buy

Have placed limit orders for more QQQ JUN puts.

#20 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Actually just realized maybe the markets closed and I didn't know it!!  This is insanely dead!!