another reason why this cannot be THE TOP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

....because Europe has higher targets and it will take months. Can you imagine America dropping and Europe rising ? Impossible.  Europe dropping and America rising would be very possible, but the other way...no. So simply forecasting how long Europe will extend its rising trend, which thing is much easier to do, we can obtain at minimum how longer the American bull is going to last. And I think we're talking about many months. I think it will last until early next year.   

Edited by andr99, 07 May 2019 - 01:40 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 Shaggies_View

Shaggies_View

• Traders-Talk User
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

Curious to hear why you think Europe has higher targets? Once Don sets the sights of his tariff gun on Europe it will be game over. Sooner rather than later.......

Edited by Shaggies_View, 07 May 2019 - 02:51 PM.

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

because I have a pretty good indicator which works very well for the dax as well as for some big stocks of the Milan stock exchange...It usually gives me the LT dax tops and given that it turned upwards a few time ago and it is way too far from its topping zone....we have a long way to go. The tariff gun, as you call it, is the perfect smoke in the face of those that are not wanted at the final bullish party 

Edited by andr99, 07 May 2019 - 04:46 PM.

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:20 PM

Nothing against your indicator, but your indicator is unfamiliar with Trump mentality.

The Chinese negotiators are making the same mistake, by prolonging trade negotiations.

They are only familiar with previous American presidents who ALWAYS capitulated to Chinese demands,

after the Chinese engaged in prolonging trade/tariff negotiations.

This is such a event driven market, I am surprised traders are still using past indicators.

Edited by pdx5, 07 May 2019 - 05:22 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:38 PM

well, if everything else goes down (see China), then also America goes down, because economic depressions have no borders, they are exported abroad. So where is the interest of whoever to put down the rest of the world ? In any case, except September 11th, I have never seen another news driven market    

#6 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

well, if everything else goes down (see China), then also America goes down, because economic depressions have no borders, they are exported abroad. So where is the interest of whoever to put down the rest of the world ? In any case, except September 11th, I have never seen another news driven market    

American economy is breaking job records going back half a century since tariffs were imposed.

China economy is teetering on the edge. Try to dig into how much risky debt is carried by the Chinese economy. Exporting to United States and Europe is the Chinese economy foundation. US can afford to stop importing from China, but China CAN NOT afford to stop exporting to US. 

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

None of this Chinese stuff means anything to me since I just follow the squiggly lines on charts but with the New York Times coming out with ten years of Trump's tax returns today (and more to come later), the Chinese may have suspected but now know for sure they are dealing with a major-league con man who is one of the worst businessmen in history.

Without support by the Russian oligarchs to rely on (and of course with Deusche Bank and Trump Tower as the main pass-throughs) he'd probably be pushing a shopping cart across Queens about now.

A DECADE IN THE RED

What timing...

Expect the Chinese to act accordingly however that plays out.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

None of this Chinese stuff means anything to me since I just follow the squiggly lines on charts but with the New York Times coming out with ten years of Trump's tax returns today (and more to come later), the Chinese may have suspected but now know for sure they are dealing with a major-league con man who is one of the worst businessmen in history.

Without support by the Russian oligarchs to rely on (and of course with Deusche Bank and Trump Tower as the main pass-throughs) he'd probably be pushing a shopping cart across Queens about now.

o does not give up, 

A DECADE IN THE RED

What timing...

Expect the Chinese to act accordingly however that plays out.

Anyone who loses as much money in business as Trump did, and manages to own so many opulent properties and lives as well as he did (before getting elected president), it gives special meaning to a man who never gives up or gets discouraged. What amazing tenacity this man has! Why should we denigrate  any businessman who has lost money and managed to come back?

I bet Trump has lived a much better standard of living than you or me ever could dream of living. If you do not believe me do a google search of Trump properties. It will put yours and my properties to shame.

As for the Russians helping him, you seem to know more than special counsel Mueller, who after 2 year investigation found no collusion with Russia. You ought to furnish your evidence to NY Times!

#9 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

Trump is a microcosm of our "fantastic economy." Take on endless debt, and you can look very prosperous, for a while. But the piper has to paid eventually.

#10 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Don't take your eye off of Iran.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16