• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

From the link:

As a result of this expenditure switching, we estimate that the annualized deadweight loss increases from $132 to $620 per household, bringing the total annual cost of the new round of tariffs to the typical household to $831. In sum, according to our estimates, these higher tariffs are likely to create large economic distortions and reduce U.S. tariff revenues.

TARIFF COSTS

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

In the longer term Trump may actually learn something about negotiating with a communist country like China.  They really don't have time to care about a level playing field or the inclination.  All anybody has to do is go back and study the USSr during the cold war.  That's right Trump.....ya  actually gotta go do some homework, or get one of your cabinet stooges to do it for you.  And Mr. President.....for the umpteenth time, the markets do not like endless uncertainty.  Go ask Mr Powell about that.  Get off your duff and go ask him about it.  The key word is endless.....how many autopilots are there.....

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:43 PM

We will be at new highs before you know it...

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

Cost of lack of tariffs on China....disappearance of 40 million middle class manufacturing jobs. 

But we who dabble in stocks  need  not worry about the middle class.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule