out on a limb! bottom for wave 2 in !?

• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#571 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

surprise.   yes, we are in big resistance the area that caved off the 11 highs.  i can wait. and i dont think i will have to wait long

i have stated my fear.@some point as the next leg gets going ,silver will assume leadership. and platinum shouldnt be far behind silver

xi talked about raising tariffs on american imports.  powell said little to nothing new. which is what i expected. the broad market is set up here.

much like weimar,i expect the next leg up in gold to be accompanied by the us stock market.  after this crash in the market i see a new leg to new highs

stocks are real assets and will benefit from stagflation up to a point. when that point is reached the last man standing will be gold. in cycle theory there are 80/20 and even 90/10 moves that occur ie  that is 80%of the move in 20%of the time.i believe that is the set up here after the excruciating long consolidation in gold,  which ate up years. 

dharma

well said amigo, fully agree. As I mentioned a few days ago just look at the MONTHLY charts - we are in the EARLY innings

Senor

#572 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

dsi=72

surprise.   yes, we are in big resistance the area that caved off the 11 highs.  i can wait. and i dont think i will have to wait long

i have stated my fear.@some point as the next leg gets going ,silver will assume leadership. and platinum shouldnt be far behind silver

xi talked about raising tariffs on american imports.  powell said little to nothing new. which is what i expected. the broad market is set up here.

much like weimar,i expect the next leg up in gold to be accompanied by the us stock market.  after this crash in the market i see a new leg to new highs

stocks are real assets and will benefit from stagflation up to a point. when that point is reached the last man standing will be gold. in cycle theory there are 80/20 and even 90/10 moves that occur ie  that is 80%of the move in 20%of the time.i believe that is the set up here after the excruciating long consolidation in gold,  which ate up years. 

dharma

well said amigo, fully agree. As I mentioned a few days ago just look at the MONTHLY charts - we are in the EARLY innings

Senor

senor on that same page 1525 first big hurdle

dsi=72 as of yesterday

dharma

#573 ryanoo

ryanoo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

The Monthly chart looks like a nice Cup and Handle formation.

#574 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

Today's big surge is still weak on the weekly momentum and continues to point at a large correction going into Oct-Nov.  A full trade war between the heavies still did not take out previous highs in gold and gold stocks, it could still happen going into Sept but the momentum is weak. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#575 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

russ thanks for the updates

i know 2things  1-my account hit new highs today +8.64% i sold my margin position picking up change 

2-in gold bull markets momentum divergences in the oscillators get out the weak hands. 

we could be in 5of3 here for gold wave 5s are the big ones.   will it extend in price or is my 1700 price all she wrote

we will know in the fullness of time. 

so far the broad market which has topping patterns including a broadening top ihas held its lows.  we are approaching the 

weakest months of the year, seasonally. 

for me for the next 3-5 years pms are the place to be . when cbs and banks dont trust each other they demand gold as payment

russia and china continue to build their reserves, so when the reset takes place they will have a seat at the table

dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 August 2019 - 03:53 PM.

#576 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

my minimum upside target on this run for gld is 175 thats a min. very little pullback and then boom

i would say forget overbought here doesnt matter and forget the cots i refuse to look at them they 

dont matter either right now . thats my take anyway . 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#577 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

i know 2things  1-my account hit new highs today +8.64% i sold my margin position picking up change 

2-in gold bull markets momentum divergences in the oscillators get out the weak hands. 

we could be in 5of3 here for gold wave 5s are the big ones.   will it extend in price or is my 1700 price all she wrote

so far the broad market which has topping patterns including a broadening top ihas held its lows.  we are approaching the 

for me for the next 3-5 years pms are the place to be . when cbs and banks dont trust each other they demand gold as payment

russia and china continue to build their reserves, so when the reset takes place they will have a seat at the table

dharma

No problem Dharma. Glad to see you are making some good money, I made about 60% in my accounts since May so I am not unhappy about that but if it runs up to your 1700.... well hot darn. I saw in the news that China removed some of their restrictions on people buying gold too.   

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#578 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

The look of my gold weekly cycles is overextended on price, there is a low cycle 23 week low in 6 weeks maybe

next chance to buy some.

When in a bull mkt and right translating the cycles are not that good about tops but do expect a low pivot in 6 weeks end of Sep

a low doesnt always mean a price low but should be a pivot up. If using time derivatives this might be about the best

place to take at least principal and enough profit to be satisfied off.

Sure there is going to be some globalist china -pla- google-communist counter attack can be a kind of thing to cause a low in 6 weeks.

I think it is now 3 JPM traders convicted of rigging maybe that is over and cycles wont work cant time a bull mkt with cycles very well

because there are fundamental changes occuring very big ones.

But positioning long in time at 6 weeks will fix any mistakes too.

I think I will sell a little of the 401k gold funds for a short time in case this is a top and some time to study closer daily cycles.

At top could be less kind to miner stocks than bullion and Stk mkt is not going to be well, they are stocks after all.

So the price is well above projection and ahead of time for some very large up cycles will be in a better flow in 6+ weeks, there is a low void in the cycle average

now from this 23 week low for about 6 six weeks.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#579 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:23 AM

i agree cycles can be tricky in a bull chartist. everyone looking for some large pullback will in my opine

be ddissappointed. as dharma has said many times a bull is not going to let you get in at your price you

will have to pay up to be part of the ride.  right now if i am reading this correctly we had a teeny wave ii 

pullback and are now in a iii of 3. we will see. i hold nothing sacred including my own opinion most of all.

good trading to all of us 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#580 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

dharma

I have some signals, like this silver chart which has been pointing at a mid Oct High for weeks now, it was a confirmed signal on July 1,  so if silver goes up into Oct so will gold, the low signal for GDX is for Nov, possibly late Nov or early Dec. 

Edited by Russ, 24 August 2019 - 07:08 PM.