1500 to me is/was not any impt support

Senor

#752 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:42 AM

Bulls losing grip on GLD 142??

Most dangerous time for sharp decline right now, if bulls cant reclaim 142 pronto...

If we do get the washout, ready reload in a big way, but for now, enjoying the DUSTy ride...

So far so good. I believe your 900MA is working?

#753 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:00 AM

before there was the web i traded alone, stewed in my thoughts came to conclusions and acted. now on a forum, there are diverse 

opinions. for me we went up for months this sideways action has lasted a little more than a month w/gold making very little progress.

the fact is the world is drowning in debt. gdp all of business is being regulated by having to make debt obligations. 0or negative rates, 

are a first in history!   

1500 is psychological support the market has tested 1484 or so last night 1489 for my work this correction has to chew up more time

the ecb meets thursday the "bazooka" draghi promised is waiting in the wings they are going to do things that have been done and havent worked. the result of which will be inflation. the fed is up the 18 the day saturn goes direct. folks the cbs are trapped bedded down in hotel california. they can never leave the markets. a trap by their own design. if corrections get you nervous , or you are losing sleep or worrying yourself , then your position is too big. or if you got out early you will have to pay up or chase and pay up. unless you are as skilled as kwave. who i ran across in the early years of the web.

we have to bide some time , which is what the chart i posted yesterday showed.  here is another view of the golden bowl https://pbs.twimg.co...ng&name=900x900  nothing has changed for me as a result of this 

correction , i am still looking for 1700 before years end.  yes there will be corrections people are waking up  to the fact that the debt is unsustainable. dalio, tudor jones, gundlach etc    name dropper! ha

patience

dharma

Edited by dharma, 10 September 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#754 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:14 AM

dsi =66

heading in the right direction

james sinclair talking about a force majeure on comex at some time in the future

gdx/gld positive so far today

dharma

#755 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

So far, no sign of turn in GLD....

Still possibility of scary washout until 142 is reclaimed, and then 144.

Often times after a huge breakout like we just saw in GLD, there will be a relatively fast break back down to test the breakout level (around 130 on GLD, 1375 on futs).

Doesn't HAVE to happen, but cant rule out the possibility...

The start of the move up in late 2002 to early 2003 was classic example of this type of action. Finally broke through multi-year resistance at around 330, then after the initial rally exhausted itself, a backtest of the 330 breakout area, followed by the real bull...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#756 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,935 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

dsi =66

heading in the right direction

james sinclair talking about a force majeure on comex at some time in the future

gdx/gld positive so far today

dharma

note SILJ is about 1.69% and GDX basically flat, assuming a bullish outcome here with SKI in weeks/months ahead I expect silver stocks (SILJ) to outperform - love what that SILJ/SLV ratio is doing here. 

Hard assets starting to perform better, in another thread I recently mentioned FCX/COPX/FCX as looking like potential intermediate term bottoms at least were possibly being registered (nice rallies sine that post!) - Dharma this could/should support the case you have made for along while about stagflation and I have agreed with - this could just be the beginning and CRB which came down to test area of impt previous lows may be ready for another good sized up leg, da charts are getting interesting and maybe tellin an impt story

Senor

#757 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:21 PM

Bulls losing grip on GLD 142??

Most dangerous time for sharp decline right now, if bulls cant reclaim 142 pronto...

If we do get the washout, ready reload in a big way, but for now, enjoying the DUSTy ride...

So far so good. I believe your 900MA is working?

So far so good.

GLD did a back test of it around 120 (as I said was a reasonable possibility after the first wave up in Feb).

Then it did a lot work at the 120 level, and blasted off again.

200 day MA has now crossed well above the 900MA (the long term "golden cross"), and is rising aggressively now.

I think at worst, a pull back to the 200 day over next 4-6 weeks, as 200MA crosses above the key 130 level.

Probably more likely, the 72MA "trendicator" will hold the decline if this is the real deal.

Edited by K Wave, 10 September 2019 - 01:24 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#758 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

Hey senor SILJ should at least achieve a double from here to 20

The SILJ to SLV ratio looks like an inverse h and s on the monthly and we have not seen anything close in this ratio as was seen in 2016 when there were 3 huge upwards monthly bars

#759 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

this next wave which will be iii of 3 will surprise people. and it will 

pull in a lot of money . on this wave 3 before it is done i see the potential 

for gld exceed 200. which i think would be around 2100 in the actual physical

all speculation right now . just my take 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#760 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:43 AM

KWave...GLD 200 ma at 128 ideal buy as rising 200 ma and 128 gap fill for a solid bottom..

donc