Photo

Incredible BULLISH power of the FED + TRUMP PUTs!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:30 AM

3 good moves then nothing much. 

Waiting on the NFM report tomorrow.

As for calling tops & bottoms, posts, etc criticism is part of the process in forum, groups, twitter etc. I don't care, does not bother me 

Far more important issues in trading to focus.

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

Currently I don't see there is a Trump "put".   For now it's Fed "put" vs Trump "call".  I see the Fed put is just a lip service and there will be no rate cut this year................

Partially agree - at times it may be a TRUMP CALL but the President has shown he can swiftly reverse course and change market sentiment and direction with another tweet.  Example will be the Mexico Tariff that will be resolved soon (bullish) and more bullish talk of the G20 meeting etc 

I see he won't switch for a while................

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

Currently I don't see there is a Trump "put".   For now it's Fed "put" vs Trump "call".  I see the Fed put is just a lip service and there will be no rate cut this year................

Partially agree - at times it may be a TRUMP CALL but the President has shown he can swiftly reverse course and change market sentiment and direction with another tweet.  Example will be the Mexico Tariff that will be resolved soon (bullish) and more bullish talk of the G20 meeting etc 

ha ha ....the Games continue, still early in it.

Of course, he will not switch - not as yet - but they are already walking back the tough talk. Someone said there will only be the 5% and then a long time before they raise it, if ever. 5% is not too bad. 
Most likely, he is taking it down to the wire and will NOT impose it on Monday. Very easy to do that with a reason such as "he spoke to President Amlo and they both agreed to continue talking, he is my friend, we will work together on this, we will talk again etc etc "

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

ha ha ....the Games continue, still early in it.

Of course, he will not switch - not as yet - but they are already walking back the tough talk. Someone said there will only be the 5% and then a long time before they raise it, if ever. 5% is not too bad. 
Most likely, he is taking it down to the wire and will NOT impose it on Monday. Very easy to do that with a reason such as "he spoke to President Amlo and they both agreed to continue talking, he is my friend, we will work together on this, we will talk again etc etc "

So said, so done.... 

CNBC NowVerified account @CNBCnow
FollowFollow @CNBCnow
More

BREAKING: Stocks jump as report says the U.S. is weighing delaying Mexico tariffs https://cnb.cx/2InaLsx 

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

Bulls tired? 

Mini selloff into the close; test of 50ma has to wait for another day. 

Good news on tariffs yet still not rallying to the close of regular session

why?

safety play into NFM report tomorrow?

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

The tariffs will take place on Monday...and will probably increase each month....and we will get our products from somewhere else.

Mexico knows what to do...and having "negotiations" will serve very little purpose.

And like China, Mexico also knows that they need us...we don't need them.

Still on schedule for a mid June tradable low.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#17 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Fib

Thank you for your thoughts.  Care to elaborate why do you see more downside?  TIA

#18 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:51 AM

Lower low than this weeks low, ~2728?

Fib

Thank you for your thoughts.  Care to elaborate why do you see more downside?  TIA

#19 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:52 AM

Fib - lower low than this weeks low of ~2728?

#20 opinionated

opinionated

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:26 AM

My Cycles agree... Mid-June low...

But it is a very crowded trade... That is not good for the bears.   "They"  Will throw everything at it to hold through that low.   This market is News driven now.   Some fake good news could be in that planning stage I fear.

TWT