Photo

Incredible BULLISH power of the FED + TRUMP PUTs!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:12 AM

I think potus pulled the mexican tariffs as a panic move because all the insiders informing him that we are about to plunge into recession.  And also because he saw the crappy jobs report and said ooops i better cancel this strategy, look what it is doing.

Edited by tradesurfer, 08 June 2019 - 06:15 AM.

#22 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,414 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

I think potus pulled the mexican tariffs as a panic move because all the insiders informing him that we are about to plunge into recession.  And also because he saw the crappy jobs report and said ooops i better cancel this strategy, look what it is doing.

Also, many Republicans were very angry and let him know that. But, one has to admit the Mexican tariff tactic did achieve some results and was a warning to Mexico and other countries that the US is prepared to continue this battle. 
I agree the White House is on edge and very worried about the economy and the financial markets. Expect many more strategies and policies in the next year or so to keep both economy and markets UP. 
I do not ignore the power of the Presidency, especially on the markets. 

#23 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

I agree the White House is on edge and very worried about the economy and the financial markets.

Amazing...you folks still get it or understand how a businessman works...very different from being a shyster lawyer who couldn't make it in the real world but decided to go into politics for their own self benefit.

Stop watching the news and leave your biases at the door...let money flow be your guide.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,414 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:55 AM

It's been a long time since I read 1984. Going to read it again after reading this New Yorker article:

https://www.newyorke...ook-of-prophecy

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,414 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:04 AM

VIX was single-digits last year at these SPX levels

VIX was way below current levels at SPX 2900 earlier this year

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,414 posts