zzzzzzzz

dull boring

but action heats up later and tomorrow

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,090 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

Thursday or Friday before OPEX usually is a low and then ramp up into OPEX week. 

But, this week it has been much harder to get that LOW

However, they are fighting real hard and WILL get that LOW today or tomorrow, unless there is a major geopolitical event

I want to SHORT any rally today or tomorrow but I learned many hard lessons long ago re:OPEX

But, I am tempted to SHORT into next week.....

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,090 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

1. More rules?? The S&P tends to make a low on the Thurs or Fri the week before the expiration. The rule is to look to buy weakness on that Thurs or Fri, looking for a low to hold into Mon or even into the expiration itself. Generally, the trade is to buy on Fri and hold into Mon

1 reply2 retweets16 likes

Retweet

Direct message

The Tuesday and Wednesday of expiration week, there is going to be more volatility and volume, because by the time Thursday and Friday come, most of the professionals want to be out.

0 replies1 retweet8 likes

Retweet

Direct message

The Rules next Fri 4 products expire at the same time: futures, futures options, equity options, and weekly options. This is commonly referred to as "quadruple witching". The Wed, Thurs, and Fri the week before OE, vol. increases as the pros are already unwinding their positions.

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,090 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:00 PM

OTH, I would not mind QQQ races up to 190 or higher so  I can but PUTS with much lower premiums

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,090 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

battle intensifies, but SPX going nowhere, until there is a winner

Still betting the low will be made today or tomorrow unless there is an external event that trumps market forces

#17 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,090 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

Hate to say I told you so... but they had to ramp this up today and prevent another lower daily low and close. 

This is BIG MONEY at work, lots at stake, it is a game played out every month, and with very fe exceptions, the game is the say and the outcome is the same. 

Just know it, be aware, and don't be caught on the wrong side.

Edited by dTraderB, 13 June 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#18 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,409 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Thursday or Friday before OPEX usually is a low and then ramp up into OPEX week. 

But, this week it has been much harder to get that LOW

However, they are fighting real hard and WILL get that LOW today or tomorrow, unless there is a major geopolitical event

I want to SHORT any rally today or tomorrow but I learned many hard lessons long ago re:OPEX

But, I am tempted to SHORT into next week.....

My data indicates that for the upcoming expiration we should end just around here or down but thats usually when its time it changes because I'm making it public lol.