Photo

WHOA!!! Everybody Is Leaning The Wrong Way!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

Everybody is leaning the wrong way....

From Reuters, re BAML survey:

"The percentage of investors expecting higher short-dated interest rates fell to its lowest level since 2008, the survey of 230 panelists with $645 billion in combined assets under management found.

Money managers meanwhile dumped risk: they haven’t been this bearish on stocks since early 2009 when the world was in the throes of a global financial crisis.

Funds’ allocation to global equities dropped by 32 percentage points from May to a net 21% underweight, the lowest allocation to stocks since March 2009 and the second-biggest one-month drop on record."

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

great contrarian indicator

#3 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

"The percentage of investors expecting higher short-dated interest rates fell to its lowest level since 2008, the survey of 230 panelists with $645 billion in combined assets under management found.

Money managers meanwhile dumped risk: they haven’t been this bearish on stocks since early 2009 when the world was in the throes of a global financial crisis.

Funds’ allocation to global equities dropped by 32 percentage points from May to a net 21% underweight, the lowest allocation to stocks since March 2009 and the second-biggest one-month drop on record."

Curious what was it at the top in 2008?  I believe I saw a chart of the Feds first cut back then and the market went on to crash in the fall.  

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

Curious what was it at the top in 2008?  I believe I saw a chart of the Feds first cut back then and the market went on to crash in the fall.  

I wouldn't compare the current market to 2008. No similarity that I can see.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:31 PM

I wouldn't compare the current market to 2008. No similarity that I can see.

M

Totally agree just wondering what the reading was.

#6 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

How many here saw the crash coming in 2008? Just wondering...

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

Lots of people think this is a big top, . Some cite the rate cuts in 2001 and 2007, it's all about context, not even remotely the same.

I highly recommend CiovaccoCapital updates, I think you won't find this work much anywhere else.

#8 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:43 PM

Thank you. I really dont know if its a big top but I do think its a circus!

#9 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hand raised.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,996 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

Boy a whole bunch of us some big trouble on the horizon. I will admit, it was much worse than I expected.

I still came out ok, but there were some shorts I wish I had taken.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here: