New Record SPX Highs, then the Summer leg down begins

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

The usual pre-FED snoozefest. I am hesitant to trade this crazy choppy market.

But this is exciting!

zerohedge @zerohedge
FollowFollow @zerohedge
More

Meanwhile In China, Echoes Of Lehman As Interbank Market Freezes

Edited by dTraderB, 19 June 2019 - 09:46 AM.

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

New Record SPX Highs, then the Summer leg down begins

You're half right.

Fib

What ever happened to your mid month low?

As if calling the actual internal low in real time wasn't enough, here's the scoop on tradable lows...

Like cycles, prices either move down into or move up and out of these same model forecasts.

Too soon to say if it's one or the other at this point, however, the lack of the market being able to back and fill last week, instead of just pausing, does suggest that this was a low that we moved up and out of.

Shrug...what's important here is direction...sometimes the market gives it to you on a silver platter, while most times, it has a mind of its own.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

The market spiked up big yesterday on the hope/hype that there will be a deal when Trump and Xi meet at G20.  It will be greatly disappointed when it find out no deal.  I see there will be no deal on the US-China trade war for a long time though leaders can meet...................

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

The market spiked up big yesterday on the hope/hype that there will be a deal when Trump and Xi meet at G20.  It will be greatly disappointed when it find out no deal.  I see there will be no deal on the US-China trade war for a long time though leaders can meet...................

True, but that can has been kicked to the G20 meeting, and beyond

For now, the FED rules and they will be sufficiently dovish to create another rally

The big drop comes when many realize the FED will be pushing on a string after one or two rate hikes. 

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

VIX up 

SPX down

hedging galore

#16 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:05 PM

3 NQ trades today

#17 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

For now, the FED rules and they will be sufficiently dovish to create another rally

The big drop comes when many realize the FED will be pushing on a string after one or two rate hikes. 

The asset prices are too high to have the Fed cut rates and to have a deal on the trade war......................

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,022 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

The asset prices are too high to have the Fed cut rates and to have a deal on the trade war...............

The Fed won't waste its ammunition that is already very limited.  If the market really wants a rate cut and a trade deal it needs to go under SPX 2500 first.............

Edited by redfoliage2, 19 June 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

rather tepid and muted bullish reaction

but it will rally hard

#20 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

The asset prices are too high to have the Fed cut rates and to have a deal on the trade war...............

The Fed won't waste its ammunition that is already very limited.  If the market really wants a rate cut and a trade deal it needs to go under SPX 2500 first.............

SPX 2500  & lower, coming in October, after two rate cuts and yawnnnnnnnnn from the economy to rate cuts & QE.